We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trouble please help

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Castle Rock...
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trouble please help

Hi everyone!

I have been doing much research and I'm very confused and need the pro's help. We are headed out on a cruise departing in Barcelona on 4/27/14. We will be arriving the morning of the 25 and staying in a hotel for 2 nights. There will be three couples all in the late 30's. We would love to be in a central area that is steps from restaurants and close to many of the attractions. We would like to take as little transportation as possible. We would like a nice hotel in an area that is upscale with many things to do. We are looking to spend 200.00 or less per night U.S. My problem is two fold. Every place that has sparked my attention us upwards of 300.00 per night. Second I'm not at all familer with the area's. Can you all please help with suggestions? Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,238 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trouble please help

Hola 2fast,

A quick search on Booking.com yielded many choices. I don't know which ones you have been looking at but here are some within your budget:

Hotel Regina - on a quiet street near the centre of tourist Barcelona (ie Plaça Catalunya)

Bcn Urban Gran Ducat

Grupotel Gran Via

Catalonia Plaza Cataluna

Sixtytwo Hotel - upscale hotel near Passeig de Gracia

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,615 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trouble please help

Guys, do look at posh Eixample or historial El Born areas... and use booking.com (or venere.com) as GG mentions.

L'EIXAMPLE: infocatalonia.eu/w/…

EL BORN: www.infocatalonia.eu/w/2013/12/01/el-born/

http://oi44.tinypic.com/20r5nd3.jpg Note that the red zones don't mean "no stay", they just mean (to me) that are not convenient for a short stay in the city, either too far or too rowdy or a bit seedy, but by all means one has to visit them as all have their own charm. Keep in mind though that this is a very personal response, other members will surely recommend different things and probably equally good (or better!)

L'Eixample is classy and elegant, a large district with wide streets and avenues

El Born is historical with little streets and alleys, may get a bit rowdy at times

Edited: 22 February 2014, 17:07
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
5,077 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trouble please help

If you need both upscale and close to lots of things to do, you should probably look at the area around Passeig de Gràcia. (Other known "central" and touristic are not exactly upscale, and in the really nice neigbourhoods like Pedralbes or Sarrià you might feel a bit lost as a tourist.) But Passeig de Gràcia is also pretty expensive for hotels I'm afraid...

On transportation: for some of the places "to visit" you'll need transport anyway, and the metro is easy to use and fast, so don't hesitate to choose a hotel that you like but that is not in a tourist hot spot (but close to a metro station).

Also, look at other posts by a certain EnricM. He links to a map that gives an idea of good areas. He might even reply here... :-) (Added: I now see he already beat me on this... :-)))

Edited: 22 February 2014, 17:28
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,615 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trouble please help

Oopsy, sorry kbbcn :)

London, England
Level Contributor
8,071 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trouble please help

We were in Barcelona a few weeks ago and stayed in the H. Pulitzer, a 4 star hotel very centrally located about 50m from Plaza Catalunya. It was fine for our needs, clean and had very comfortable beds we paid 100 Euros prpn on BB.

There are lots of hotel reviews on TA just read through them and see what takes your fancy.

BTW, when giving your budget details you need to quote in Euros, not USD.

6. Re: Trouble please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 05:18