We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good restaurants you can recommend near ....

Mdina, Malta
Level Contributor
916 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Any good restaurants you can recommend near ....

Hi

Any good restaurants you can recommend near Placa de fracesc macia on avienda diagonal

Any type, but good food and ambience a must

Namm

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,269 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any good restaurants you can recommend near ....

A classic of Catalan dining: Via Veneto

tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g187497-d71…

Drammen, Norway
Level Contributor
60 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any good restaurants you can recommend near ....

Oooh, I'm wondering about this, too, actually. For our upcoming trip, my best friend and I will first be staying at the corner of Carrer del Comte Borrell and Gran Via - then at Hotel Melia Sarrià the second week (which is right by Plaça de Francesc Macià).

Any good restaurants, cafés, bars, etc. near these two locations, besides Via Veneto?

We're on somewhat of a budget, so nothing too fancy - Via Veneto is kinda up there in our "splurge" category.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,269 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any good restaurants you can recommend near ....

Hola Silje,

Perhaps Farga Beethoven would suit you better?

www.bcnrestaurantes.com/eng/barcelona.asp…

While you're up there, if you like chocolate, go have a look at Oriol Balaguer. It's definitely splurge territory but worth a sniff. :-)

Drammen, Norway
Level Contributor
60 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any good restaurants you can recommend near ....

Thanks! The restaurant is definitely more in our price range, so maybe I'll eat my birthday dinner there! Seems like a nice way to celebrate. :D

And woah, that chocolate looks pretty inviting. I'm writing that place down in my book right now, haha. I've already found a place close to the apartment we'll be staying in that we have to check out - Takashi Ochiai Pastisseria ( http://www.ochiaipastisseria.com/ ). Seems like I'll have to save more money for this trip, haha.

If you have more suggestions, throw them at me! I always find it so hard to pick a restaurant, there's so many to choose from :p

Edited: 05 March 2014, 15:00
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,269 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any good restaurants you can recommend near ....

And thank you too! I've always wanted to try the Ochiai bakery but recently, I forgot the name and couldn't find the address. I used to live in Japan so Japanese stuff interests me.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,269 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any good restaurants you can recommend near ....

Another restaurant that might suit you is Gresca. It's a modern Catalan bistronomic. They emphasize creativity over the use of expensive ingredients. I love their 'egg souffle'. Tasting menus are between 35-50 euros.

Codium is also near your apt.

Edited: 05 March 2014, 15:18
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any good restaurants you can recommend near ....

Hola a tothom!

Ochiai is well worth a visit. Apart of all they Japanese stuff, last year they won the "best butter croissant of Spain" award:

pasteleria.com/entrevista/201312/1520-ochiai… (in Spanish)

La Taverna del Clinic, Maitea and Paco Meralgo are good, decently priced, dining options in that area.

Bon viatge i bon profit!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,269 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any good restaurants you can recommend near ....

Hola Belsaita!

mmm butter croissant is my middle name. La Taverna del Clinic and Paco Meralgo are some of my favourites although I have yet to try Maitea Taberna.

Drammen, Norway
Level Contributor
60 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any good restaurants you can recommend near ....

No problem at all, Gigis_mum!

That's awesome, you having lived in Japan. I've never been there, though it's #1 on my "Want to visit" list. I'm actually considering studying Japanese language and culture at the University of Oslo starting this fall - it includes a three-month stay in Japan in the second year of school (and the option to take the whole third year in Japan as well). Naturally, I'm interested in Japanese stuff too, so when I saw the name and checked the website, I decided I needed to drop by Ochiai.

Codium and Greca sound good, thanks! Jotted them down in my book :)

Belsaita: Thank you for the suggestions! They're all in my book now. It's a good thing we're there for 15 days, or we wouldn't have enough time to eat at all the places we want to try out! :p

Also, thanks for pointing out that Ochiai have great things in general - there's a possibility I wouldn't have tried any of the non-Japanese stuff if not. I do love croissants, and now I know where to buy them! :D

June can't come fast enough, I tell you..

10. Re: Any good restaurants you can recommend near ....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2014, 17:04