We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine in Barcelona advice

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
15 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Wine in Barcelona advice

I will be in Barcelona for a few days, though exact number is still yet to be set, based on what I want to see and do. I am a wine lover and would love to sample local wines while visiting. I am looking for wine bars, markets or stores that carry good local selections, and wineries, suggestions on all would be appreciated. I enjoy red and white wines. I want to know what I can find in Barcelona or if a day trip would be a better idea. Also which places have a better selection for which wines? Are there places that have specialties? I am traveling on a budget, so I am not looking for the fanciest options, but more so ones that reflect local culture and tastes. I have searched through the forums, but found some of their info too general. So to anyone that enjoys wine, share your knowledge!

Also, on a related but different note, my favourite drink is a mojito. Any suggestions for bars that make a good one?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,286 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine in Barcelona advice

Michelle,

To the right of this column, you'll find the Top Questions, full of useful tips and inspirational images of Bcn. Under the heading DAY TRIPS & OTHER TOPICS, there's one question that contains 4-5 different threads about wineries: What wineries can I see in a day trip?

In Bcn, I like Bar Zim for tasting of local wines. There are other good places too. Try searching by typing in keywords in the Search box above.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,511 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine in Barcelona advice

Vila Viniteca would be my pick for wine shopping. I haven't seen a shop in Barcelona with a larger selection.

http://www.vilaviniteca.es/en/home

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine in Barcelona advice

Definitely Vilaviniteca for shopping wines.

My favorite wine bar in town is Disset Graus, very close to El Born Centre Cultural

http://www.dissetgraus.com/contacto

Salut!

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,819 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine in Barcelona advice

As for Mojitos, Miramelindo a classic bar on Passeig del Born has been famous for it's mojitos for many years, in fact last time I was in there (some time ago now) they had a member of staff whose sole job was making mojitos when it was busy.

But for a more personal touch there are dozens of good cocktail bars for example the small, minimalist but hugely professional Gimlet just off Passeig del Born, the timeless Boadas just of Les Rambles, but now often packed with rubbernecking tourists now it's in every guide book, or the Classic and elegant Dry Martini.

I'm sure there are some hip and trendy ones as well but I'm long out of touch with hip and cool

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
387 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine in Barcelona advice

On Google Maps, Gimlet is coming up as permanently closed, sad to say; it sounded alike a nice spot if TA reviews were to be believed.....

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,819 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wine in Barcelona advice

Trouble is I'm getting old what I think of as a year ago is often five what I think of as five turns out to be ten. I was thinking it had only been a year or so ago since I was last in Gimlet but maybe it's three or more. Anyway in the interim it seems it has moved

barcelonayellow.com/bcn/…gimlet

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wine in Barcelona advice

The Gourmet Club on the bottom floor of Plaza Catalunya's El Cortes Ingles is fun to visit, if not to buy a bottle of wine. Their collection of wines includes bottles that cost more than 1,000€...Rothschild, Lafite...all the big names.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
7,232 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wine in Barcelona advice

monvinic is a wine bar. i guess that they must have a big selection of local wines but from abroad too.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,069 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wine in Barcelona advice

Belsaita, not seen that place and we stayed in the next street in 2013.

Obviously, most bars if not all sell wine, some good some rubbish.

From the ones i've found i like Bar Zim and El Vinya del Senyor but will hopefully check out the recommendation from Belsaita in 2 weeks.

10. Re: Wine in Barcelona advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 07:16