We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!! First trip to barcelona, which hotel??!

Swadlincote, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help!! First trip to barcelona, which hotel??!

Hi me and my husband are planning a trip to barcelona for my birthday at the end of August. I have been looking and looking at hotels and there's lots that seem to tick our boxes but just can't decide!! Can anyone recommend a hotel with views of barcelona, rooftop pool, 4/5*and also close to transport links. :0)

Washington DC
Level Contributor
106 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help!! First trip to barcelona, which hotel??!

There are views, and there are views. I particularly enjoyed the view from my balcony at one hotel in Barcelona. My quarters were only two or three floors above street level, but overlooked one of those astonishing, bustling Eixample octagonal urban intersections. That balcony gave not so much a view as an immersion. Bliss!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,277 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help!! First trip to barcelona, which hotel??!

Hola Wozza,

For a more specific suggestion, pls give your approx travel dates and budget in Euros.

Swadlincote, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help!! First trip to barcelona, which hotel??!

Were traveling 24th-27th August with a budget of around 120- 180 euro a night. With the view thing I'm looking for high floored room with a city view if possible. Been looking at The Level at Melia Hotel???

Many thanks

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,277 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help!! First trip to barcelona, which hotel??!

When it comes to views, I always think of this apt. Sorry I know it's not what you're looking for.

booking.com/hotel/es/habitat-apartments-pase…

The Melia is a gorgeous design hotel with sweeping views but imho it's not walking distance to any major sightseeing. I prefer the area around Passeig de Gracia in the centre of l'Eixample.

Swadlincote, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Help!! First trip to barcelona, which hotel??!

Do you know if there are good transport links near to the hotel?? We're looking at doing a nou camp tour, sagrada and an open bus tour. Have you any suggestions has to how to get to do this easy??

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,277 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help!! First trip to barcelona, which hotel??!

Buy tickets in advance online for the Sagrada Familia. See the Top Question for more info about it.

After the Sagrada Familia, take the hop on hop off bus from there. Bus routes here: http://www.barcelonabusturistic.cat/en/rutes

Swadlincote, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Help!! First trip to barcelona, which hotel??!

Many thanks for all your help :0)

Swadlincote, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Help!! First trip to barcelona, which hotel??!

Sorry one last question, are taxis a good way to travel?? Are they costly??

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,277 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help!! First trip to barcelona, which hotel??!

Taxis are safe, abundant and moderately priced. You can use www.worldtaximeter.com to price your ride.

10. Re: Help!! First trip to barcelona, which hotel??!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 05:16