We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parc Guell-park or monument area first?

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
darnestown md
Level Contributor
196 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Parc Guell-park or monument area first?

I am getting ready to buy my Parc Guell tickets online.Since the entry to the monument area is a timed visit, I was trying to figure out if it made more sense to see the "park" or the monument area first. Would appreciate any advice. thank you very much!

Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parc Guell-park or monument area first?

I'd catch the 24 bus to the eastern entrance, and then you're walking downhill through the park. Unless you want to walk up the path to the top of the hill, of course.

You can then walk down the (very) steep side streets to the main road to catch the bus to wherever you're going next. Or walk from the main road around the corner to the Lesseps metro station.

24 bus: if the first link doesn't work, use the second and click on "download route map"

www.tmb.cat/ca/c/document_library/get_file…

tmb.cat/en/…dia-FEINER

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parc Guell-park or monument area first?

I don't think it makes any difference. Whatever works for you is best.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,615 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Parc Guell-park or monument area first?

@exgeordie67... I'm afraid that's not so... #24 will leave you at the east gate and indeed the monumental part is to the left upon entering the park -and downhill- but 'visiting the park' should involve visiting for example the Turó de les Tres Creus (…panoramio.com/photos/large/49299751.jpg) at the top of the park and with an impressive view of the city: …staticflickr.com/5450/8811907184_4a4bcffe44… ... and for that it's uphill not matter what entrance of the park you use. From the east gate you go right -which is uphill.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,236 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parc Guell-park or monument area first?

Just my 2 cents but I would see the Monumental Zone and buy an additional ticket to see the Casa Museum Gaudi. Those are the 2 Must See sights at Park Guell.

Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parc Guell-park or monument area first?

Enric, that was what the I meant by "walk up the path to the top of the hill". I should have made it a bit clearer, I suppose.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,615 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Parc Guell-park or monument area first?

My apologies exgeordie67 ;)

Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parc Guell-park or monument area first?

No problem, Enric. I must admit I didn't express myself very well.

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parc Guell-park or monument area first?

Not worth as visit

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parc Guell-park or monument area first?

Not worth as visit

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parc Guell-park or monument area first?

It was surely not worth the amount we paid. Just to see the lizard wasn't worth it. They could have included something more into it. The house was a 45 minute wait. Ridiculous 😡