We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scuba dive shops and sites close to Barcelona

Pune, India
Level Contributor
30 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Scuba dive shops and sites close to Barcelona

Hi,

I will be in Barcelona for three days and I really want to take a day out in the Mediterranean for scuba diving. I found good dive shops in Costa Bravo but that will be too far and hectic for a day trip.

Can any one suggest if there are any good scuba dive operators in Barcelona and which are the good dive sites near by in the month of June or July? I could find a few websites, but they all are in Spanish with no translation available.

Thanks,

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scuba dive shops and sites close to Barcelona

Hola supermova85,

Actually, for decent dive sites you must travel a bit, there is none near Barcelona. Going to the Costa BravA (mind the spelling) is not that far away and hectic with a bit of planning, divers from Barcelona do it all the time! I have been quite a few times to Tossa or L'Estartit for a couple of dives in the morning, then lunch and shopping around. We went there by car, but using public transport is possible, at least for Tossa.

Nearer to Barcelona the sea bed is mostly flat, there is nowhere I would spend holiday time diving. Even when I did my Open Water course (in a Barcelona's diving school), the practice divings were in Tossa de Mar.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,286 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scuba dive shops and sites close to Barcelona

I've done some diving with Poseidon Nemrod. They are based in Calella de Palafrugell, a beautiful sheltered beach on the Costa Brava.

By googling, I've found some operators who transport you up to Costa Brava for the day. L'Estartit is supposed to be the best area.

If you've done much diving in Asia (like Palau, Sipadan, the Maldives, Burma Banks, the Philippines etc), you will not be too impressed. I would save those precious 3 days in Barcelona for activities that are unique to Barcelona.

* hola Belsaita, I was typing too slowly on my phone. :-)

Edited: 13 May 2014, 12:06
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scuba dive shops and sites close to Barcelona

Hola Gigis_mum! I agree with you, I did not realized supernova has only 3 days!

Supernova: IF you really want to do it, because you're really interested in Mediterranean sealife, go for a dive to Illes Medes (L'Estartit), otherwise I would not bother. But in any case the diving around here, even in the best spots, can't compare with what you can find much closer to your home. On the other hand, 3 days in Barcelona are barely enough to have a quick overview of the city unique sights, and maybe (just maybe) a half-day trip.

Pune, India
Level Contributor
30 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scuba dive shops and sites close to Barcelona

Belsaita, Gigis_mum

Thank you , I really appreciate your suggestions. I guess, I will drop the diving bits from this trip :(

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,286 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scuba dive shops and sites close to Barcelona

If you're visiting with kids, they might enjoy doing a Try Dive with Poseidon Nemrod. My son was about 10 yo when he first tried and he really enjoyed it. The divemaster even took him into an underwater cave full of scorpionfish! But again, it's a whole day's outing and you have so little time in Barcelona. :-(

6. Re: Scuba dive shops and sites close to Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 14:35
7. Re: Scuba dive shops and sites close to Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 14:35
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,286 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Scuba dive shops and sites close to Barcelona

Now this is kind of bad. Two one-time posters who dig up an old thread and recommend the same commercial service? Tripadvisor has a rule against self-promotion. Let's be careful not to turn this thread into a string of commercial advertisements.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,286 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Scuba dive shops and sites close to Barcelona

Hmm... I guess someone else didn't like the way this thread was going. I didn't report the posts as it did contain some useful info...

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Scuba dive shops and sites close to Barcelona

Hi! In barcelona city you have 4alldivers. Is a shop and a dive center . They do pickup hotel in Barcelona-Costa Brava. In my last travel I do this activity and I enjoy it!