We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel buddy / meet up

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
Travel buddy / meet up

I'm a 27 year old girl from Australia travelling alone in Barcelona until 22 May - would love to meet some nice people and just have some company (without having to stay at a hostel if possible). Any ideas or volunteers most welcome!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,236 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel buddy / meet up

Hola Georgina and welcome to TA Barcelona,

Join a free walking tour, like Runner Bean. You'll meet lots of young and old travelers.

http://www.runnerbeantours.com/

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
98 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel buddy / meet up

Too bad you don't want a hostel. It's really a great way to meet people. I once stayed in a surprisingly good hostel there.

ireland
Level Contributor
975 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel buddy / meet up

I'm in my mid 50s, I never stayed in a hostel in my life until I walked the last 112km of the Camino de Santiago recently. The hostels were brilliant, I met so many lovely people from all over the world.

Lots of hostels have private rooms, so you have your own space, plus the benefit of the common areas to meet people.

Click on hotels at the top of the page, then on speciality lodging, read the reviews, look at the photos, check out the hostels own websites, before you decide to avoid hostels.

I would have no problem staying in a hostel in Europe again.

I would have a problem meeting strangers through an internet website.

Edited: 17 May 2014, 15:24
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,236 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel buddy / meet up

" I would have a problem meeting strangers through an internet website. "

Me too!

5. Re: Travel buddy / meet up

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 06:16