We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 night stay

Ruislip, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
2 night stay

Hi

Myself & 4 40 something female friends are visiting Barcelona next week. We are staying in the Eixample area close to Sants station for 2 nights, Tues - Thurs.

I understand we are near to the Arena shopping centre which has some good restaurants and bars. Does anyone have any other restaurant/bar recommendations? We are more bar than club people & don't mind jumping in a taxi to get there.

Thanks

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,922 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 night stay

Best if you take the metro (green line L3) in Sants and get off at Liceu for example -barely a 10' ride- , then venture into the Barri Gòtic, you'll have not only plenty of choice for bars but also a much lively scene -not that Sants doesn't have one, but it's of a different kind, probably less amusing for a visitor.

Of course you can always take a taxi, but taking the metro is always part of the 'experience' when visiting any town (that has one, of course, LOL!) and since it's easy, safe, clean, fast and cheap, I don't see why you shouldn't ;).

Buy a T-10 travelcard for the 4 of you:

INFO ON THE T-10: barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/faq/transport…

HOW TO USE THE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION ATMs TO PURCHASE A SINGLE TICKET OR A T-10 TRAVELCARD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLauX4XYnr0

Please note you can press on a flag (bottom right in the screen) to change the language of the machine to English, German, French, etc. barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/faq/transport…

T-10 IS MULTIPERSON: Several people can use the same card, simply stick into the machine once per each person.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,922 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 night stay

Ah yes, I forgot... have a look here for inspiration on bars and other stuff to do/see: http://www.timeout.com/barcelona

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,262 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 night stay

Excellent advice from Enric. TimeOut always has good listings.

I wouldn't make an effort to go to the restaurants and bars at Las Arenas. It's just convenient for people who are going to Montjuic for the Magic Fountain show etc. The bldg design is interesting and the food court in the basement is pretty good.

For better bar atmosphere, I would look at El Born, Barri Gotic or Poble Sec. The last area is closest to Sants. It's on the same metro line, from Sants to Poble Sec station. Here's a link to Bodega 1900's TA page. You can use the map as an anchor to see what else is in this area, like Lolita Taperia. Bodega 1900 is very popular these days (it's a trendy bar operated by Albert Adria of El Bulli fame) and you need a booking to get in. tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g187497-d48…

One more metro stop (or short walk) down Av Paral.lel and you'll be near carrer de Poeta Cabanyes, home of the famous Quimet i Quimet. Quite a lot of tapas bars popping up around there.

4. Re: 2 night stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 11:22