We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top Ten to See for Seniors over age 70?

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Top Ten to See for Seniors over age 70?

Will be ending an easy pace Fall Spain tour in Barcelona. Before we fly back to USA, we wanted to spend 1-2 additional days seeing Barcelona. What would you recommend for a few seniors, over age 70 to see in a few days. We are not into bar hopping.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,232 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top Ten to See for Seniors over age 70?

Hola jstamptemp,

1) The Sagrada Familia basilica (buy tickets online in advance - 'JUBILAT' fare is for seniors)

2) Park Guell (ditto)

3) Casa Batllo or Casa Mila or both

4) Palau de la Musica Catalana 1 hr guided tour in English

5) walk through Barri Gotic (the Gothic quarter) - do it yourself or take a free walking tour with Runner Bean

* La Rambla is the most famous strolling street but it's grown touristy and tacky over the years. Be careful when you visit - too many pickpockets.

** If you don't want to walk too much or take the metro, use the sightseeing hop on hop off bus, Bus Turistic.

List of Must See's with websites and videos: tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g187497-c105837/Bar…

Edited: 20 May 2014, 19:23
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,578 posts
3,576 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top Ten to See for Seniors over age 70?

jstamp:

You may be interested in seeing this very unique museum:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187497-c168950/Barce…

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top Ten to See for Seniors over age 70?

Thanks much, I will review & organize to plan an itinerary

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top Ten to See for Seniors over age 70?

Looks great, will add it to my itinerary...

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top Ten to See for Seniors over age 70?

I second the Bus Turistic. We started our first trip on the red route at 9.30am, then did the green and the blue routes and spent a great day getting our bearings and seeing a great deal of the city.

We found it so easy to hop off and walk around a bit before catching the next bus, there are loads of them scheduled so didn't have to wait more than a few minutes in between. You can get off to have lunch, a drink or a snack. I would do this on day 1.

One thing I did find though was that some pavements and paths are VERY slippery, despite us mainly wearing trainers, it may be because of the types of parings used and lot of cobbled streets which could be a trip hazard also. Hope this helps! CG :-)

Edited: 31 May 2014, 10:04
Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top Ten to See for Seniors over age 70?

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE.

I will try to find an online route map to see where they stop. Riding around just observing the city will be great on its own, and sometimes you can see more than just walking...

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,232 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top Ten to See for Seniors over age 70?

Online map and list of sights covered by Bus Turistic, from the Top Questions. ----->>>>

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187497-c173389/Barce…

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Top Ten to See for Seniors over age 70?

Thanks for the website... I will now be able to check dates for all routes I am interested in riding.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,232 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Top Ten to See for Seniors over age 70?

Thanks for saying thanks. What kind of dates do you need to check? The Sagrada Familia, Park Guell, Casa Batllo etc are open almost 365 days. Feel free to ask if you need further help.

10. Re: Top Ten to See for Seniors over age 70?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 07:16