We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended place for lunch in Gracia

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended place for lunch in Gracia

I am going to Barcelona next week with a friend (I've been a few times before) and am planning to visit Parc Guell one morning and then walk down to the Gracia area for a wonder around and some lunch. Can anyone recommend a good cafe/bar/tapas bar that would be open at lunchtime for a light lunch and not too expensive? Thanks

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,615 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended place for lunch in Gracia

Hi pik66, as we've mentioned many times in the forum, tapas are not 'inherent' to Catalan culture and while there are plenty of tapas bars around these days, note that Gràcia is not too touristy so you're bound to find a way of life so to speak more close to what we normally do, which is not lunching tapas :) Not saying you can't find a tapas bar in Gràcia for lunch, but won't be that easy.

Still, you'll find plenty of restaurants offering el menu-del-dia for lunch which consists of starter, main course and dessert and it'll cost between 12 and 14€. I sometimes go to Goliard which serves traditional Catalan dishes (tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187497-d9…), Kibuka an exotic brazilian-japanese (www.bcnrestaurantes.com/eng/barcelona.asp…) and I also like a very much one very unassuming and informal one called La Vietnamita (http://www.lavietnamita.com/). Lastly, Els Origens de Gràcia is as close as it gets to tapas: http://bit.ly/1hrEVVQ For a more formal, and slightly more expensive one, Bilbao (tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187497-…)

Note both Goliard and Kibuka offer menu-del-dia at lunchtime 15€ and 13€ respectively.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended place for lunch in Gracia

Thank you. I just mentioned tapas as something small and quick (most people do not read the forums on an ongoing basis ,just when they are going on holiday to a particular place, so would not know what people keep mentioning before.) I think we are looking more for something like sandwiches, salads, crepes, light bites etc rather than a fixed meal or menu of the day. There is a good recommendation for a place called Gasterea on Tripadvisor which seems to do the type of thing. Does anyone know if it is open at lunchtime or of anywhere else?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,615 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended place for lunch in Gracia

Yep, forgot about this one, that's one you'd find tapas and it's quite classy.

4. Re: Recommended place for lunch in Gracia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 05:17