We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bad Service From "Resorthoppa"

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
bad Service From "Resorthoppa"

Booked transport through "Easyjet" to inner city hotel,after waiting for 2 hours at the airport and getting fobbed off with various excuses my wife and her friend were finally transported into Barcelona,but not to the hotel as promised,these two 60 yr old ladies,one with limited mobility,were dropped off 2 blocks from their hotel after the driver refused to take them there,they had to drag their suitcases to the hotel,For the return the hotel reception telephoned Resorthoppa 24 hrs before leaving day (as per their instructions) they were told they would be picked up at the hotel at 1115 for their 1430 hrs flight,they went out to do some local shopping on their return to the hotel they were informed that the transport had arrived at 1015 hrs.The receptionist telephoned and after repeatedly not answering the phone he managed to talk to them (resorthoppa) and after arguing got them to rearrange the transport but they wouldn't go to the hotel,it was from 2 blocks away ,luckily the hotel took their suitcase down there for them.

DO NOT USE THIS FIRM

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,189 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bad Service From "Resorthoppa"

Sorry to hear that the service was bad. I've never used them and never will. On this forum, we regularly advise visitors to simply take a taxi.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g187497-s301/Barcel…

West Byfleet...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: bad Service From "Resorthoppa"

Hi Tony,

We are really sorry to read that your wife had difficulty using our transfers. If you'd like us to investigate what went wrong, please can you drop an e-mail to Easyjet. They will then get in touch with us and we will investigate what happened.

Thanks

Resorthoppa

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bad Service From "Resorthoppa"

I have sent an email to "Easyjet" and they have forwarded it onto yourselves for investigation,but really,we are telling the truth and it was awful service

West Byfleet...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bad Service From "Resorthoppa"

Hi Tony,

We believe you and will investigate this properly when we hear from Easyjet. We are really sorry you had bad service and we will do all we can to sort this out.

Thanks

Resorthoppa

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bad Service From "Resorthoppa"

Just received a reply from Easyjet re this complaint,they say they contacted "Resort Hoppa" who stated that it was my wife's fault for missing the return shuttle - despite us being in possession of a letter from the hotel stating that they (the hotel) had telephoned the previous day to confirm shuttle return time (1115 hrs) with the shuttle turning up at 1015hrs,also no mention of the 2 wait upon arrival or dropping off two ladies,one with mobility issues,2 blocks from their hotel

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,661 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bad Service From "Resorthoppa"

Ive used them in costa del sol and Malta and found them ok,i allways phone 24 hrs before day of depature,to confirm my return transfer,and all ways being within 10/15 min of pick up time,never used them jn Barcelona tho,either allways got alsa bus,taxi,or friends have picked us up,but going on the various threads on this forumn it would seem they are not as good as what they are in costa del sol or Malta,but then again as not used in barcalona wouldn't realy know.

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bad Service From "Resorthoppa"

Have used Resorthoppa on many occasions in Prague, Berlin, Spain and Lanzarote. I have always found them efficient, friendly and reasonably priced. They use local taxi firms so are dependent on their goodwill so perhaps they have a problem at present in Barcelona. However they seem keen to rectify the situation and I would not hesitate to carry on recommending them. I always use their iphone app to confirm the pickup time as this is easier than a phone call.

3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: bad Service From "Resorthoppa"

On arrival in Malaga on 6/8/2014 it took over one hour to be allocated a coach.We then sat for a further twenty minutes in the coach before leaving and it then took one hour to complete a twenty minute journey to Fuengirola, due to a large coach using unsuitable roads. We booked in for pickup on-line using tbe app twentyfour hours before departure as recommended. On the morning of departure the coach did not show. We used the contact number plus the emergency number repeatedly but had no answer.Hotel reception staff said this was a common problem and we ended up getting a taxi to the airport to make our flight.Will never use again or recommend. As an Easyjet recommended company we would have expected a much better service and were left with a large taxi fare. A terrible service, shame on you!!

3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: bad Service From "Resorthoppa"

On arrival in Malaga on 6/8/2014 it took over one hour to be allocated a coach.We then sat for a further twenty minutes in the coach before leaving and it then took one hour to complete a twenty minute journey to Fuengirola, due to a large coach using unsuitable roads. We booked in for pickup on-line using tbe app twentyfour hours before departure as recommended. On the morning of departure the coach did not show. We used the contact number plus the emergency number repeatedly but had no answer.Hotel reception staff said this was a common problem and we ended up getting a taxi to the airport to make our flight.Will never use again or recommend. As an Easyjet recommended company we would have expected a much better service and were left with a large taxi fare. A terrible service, shame on you!!

10. Re: bad Service From "Resorthoppa"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 06:16