We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Prat airport - international to domestic change

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
170 reviews
Save Topic
El Prat airport - international to domestic change

We are arriving on SQ at 08.50 . And then flying on to Bilbao on vueling. How do we do this ? We have plenty of time between the 2 flights. Do we have to go to another airport ? Please give any details . .

France, Andorra, and Spain from...
1,046 reviews
from US$146.00*
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
2,948 reviews
from US$44.10*
Barcelona City Tour, Sagrada Familia...
1,650 reviews
from US$111.90*
Special Offer
Montserrat and Oller del Mas Tour...
441 reviews
from US$112.23*
US$118.14
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,295 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Prat airport - international to domestic change

According to the official Barcelona airport website, Singapore Airlines and Vueling both use Terminal 1.

aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/…S

Edited: 05 June 2014, 03:56
Europe
Level Contributor
5,974 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: El Prat airport - international to domestic change

Is this on one or 2 tickets? With or without checked luggage? As Gigis_mum says, you'll indeed have to stay in the same terminal, but the route to follow depends on these factors...

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Prat airport - international to domestic change

Oh OK ..two separate tickets SYD - BCN and then a domestic ticket BCN - BIO. And with checked international baggage coming in. And checked baggage to BIO too.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,295 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Prat airport - international to domestic change

So if I understand correctly, BCN is the first EU port of entry? You could try asking in SYD to have your luggage ticketed through to BIO but I'm not sure if they'll do it. For movement inside the EU, I know it's been done. For example, my relatives flew into BCN from Zurich and transferred to a Vueling flight to San Sebastián. 2 separate tickets and only 40 min between arrival and departure! The luggage was checked all the way through to San Sebastián.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Prat airport - international to domestic change

I think we would have to go through customs (with baggage) and immigration and would therefore have to collect our baggage in BCN and recheck to BIO.

What is the distance between T1 International area and T1 domestic gates ? Do you need to get a bus/train or just walking ?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,295 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Prat airport - international to domestic change

Just walking. It's the same terminal.

Europe
Level Contributor
5,974 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: El Prat airport - international to domestic change

If your luggage is not checked through (the more likely scenario), the correct order is: immigration, pick-up luggage, customs, go up one level to check-in/luggage drop.

You should be able to be at check-in 30-35 minutes after leaving the plane. Any time you spend in line at immigration is not lost, since you´ll have to wait for the (very slow at BCN) luggage delivery. Custom is normally just walk-through.

Try to check in online for your BIO flight before leaving so that you only have to drop off your luggage. Lines for check-in for VY can be really long.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: El Prat airport - international to domestic change

Thanks kbbcn …this is exactly what we need. As we arrive at 8.50am and the next Vueling flight to Bilbao is 10.00 am, IF all goes to plan we may be able to catch this one. But we have connections in Singapore and Milan on the way over to Bcn…… The next one on this day is 5.00 pm so it may be a long wait. Anything to do at the airport/near the airport to pass the time ?

Europe
Level Contributor
5,974 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: El Prat airport - international to domestic change

I wouldn't try making the 10am flight, unless you buy flexible, expensive tickets. Latest luggage drop off is at 9:20am. (I don't know about Australia, but in Europe don't count on getting on the next flight, courtesy of the airline, if you are late.)

I'd buy tickets for the afternoon flight, and plan a day visiting Barcelona.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: El Prat airport - international to domestic change

Thanks. We have tickets for the 5pm flight to Bilbao…the 10 am flight was just too risky. We will have spent over 28 hours in flight so sightseeing will be out and we will stay at or around the airport. ….unless El Prat is like Singapore airport where you can get a bus tour around the city and back to airport. (?) My guess is we will be a bit like zombies when we get off the plane….