We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip to Barcelona in October

Tbilisi, Georgia
Level Contributor
84 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
trip to Barcelona in October

hello all

i going to visit Barcelona in October, is it right season for Barcelona?

can u suggest location for staying except of Ciutat Vella? i don't want to reach difficulties in visiting sights i will travel with public transport.

second question is it wiser to by tourist card meaning of save money?

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Barcelona
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, City Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Barcelona Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
BrightSide
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , City Tours, Private Tours
Barcelona Segway Glides
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Segway Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours
United States
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip to Barcelona in October

We stayed at the Renaissance on Parc Claris. It was a block from Paseo de Gracia where you can take the hop on hop off and go all over the city. You also have a lot of restaurants in the area and a very short walk to Las Ramblas.

Tbilisi, Georgia
Level Contributor
84 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip to Barcelona in October

i found hotel near Sagrada Familia near metro is this area uncomfortable for movement in city?

Taipei, Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,293 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip to Barcelona in October

The Renaissance is a nice hotel on carrer de Pau Claris. I stayed there back when it was called the AC Diplomatic. It's a few minutes away from Passeig de Gracia (the Catalan name for Paseo de Gracia - it's better to get used to these names because that's what you'll see on the street signs and maps) in modern Eixample district. It's NOT in the Ciutat Vella (Old City).

The Sagrada Familia is NOT in the Old City either. It's on the far right of Eixample. If it's near a metro station, then it should be pretty convenient for sightseeing. The airport is closer to the left side of town so if your visit is short, it's usually easier to stay in the centre (near Passeig de Gracia or Plaça Catalunya).

Back to the original question about staying in the Ciutat Vella. Barcelona's metro is very efficient with many stops. If you want suggestions for hotels near metro stops in the Old City, pls give your travel dates and budget in Euros.

Re: tourist card. Just buy a T10 ticket for Zone 1. You can use it to ride the train from the airport and the metro in Barcelona.

Edited: 05 June 2014, 13:56
Tbilisi, Georgia
Level Contributor
84 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip to Barcelona in October

so Eixample district is good choice? thanks i will think about this district, i thought about Expo Hotel Barcelona too witch is in Sants-Montjuïc, my budget on hotel in Barcelona is like this this hotel, because i want to go in Madrid too

Taipei, Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,293 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip to Barcelona in October

Good thing that you mentioned going to Madrid. So you'll need sthg convenient for the Sants train station as well as sightseeing. The Expo Hotel is okay. I don't love the hotel or the area. I think you can do better by using a Hostal or Bed & Breakfast. This one might be around the same price and may include breakfast.

Casa de Billy tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g187497-d1426103…

Also

Hostal Oliva

Edited: 05 June 2014, 16:29
Taipei, Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,293 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trip to Barcelona in October

Ran out of editing time.

Hostal Oliva is on Passeig de Gracia, so the prettiest boulevard in town. You can take the Rodalies train from the Passeig de Gracia station to Sants station for FREE if you have an AVE train ticket to Madrid.

7. Re: trip to Barcelona in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 06:16