We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TAXIs? Getting Around! TOP Sites for 2 days????

The South (of the...
Level Contributor
463 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
TAXIs? Getting Around! TOP Sites for 2 days????

Are taxis the best way to get around - or what?

What would you see if you had only 2 days in Barce. (considering we also have elem. aged kids in tow)?

With that - what "neighborhood" or area would you recommend we stay in ------ considering we want convenience to those sites,

as well as ----- convenience getting to the cruiseship dock on our day of leaving!!! ????? The Ritz isn't necessary, but we can afford a good hotel .....maybe something with a pretty view? inspiring? Family-friendly, a must.

thanks!!!! we know nothing!

Boston, Mass
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: TAXIs? Getting Around! TOP Sites for 2 days????

Hi, I'm just back from a trip to Barcelona. I can highly suggest Aparthotel Napols for your stay. Both my husband and I were impressed with the quality of the accomodations as well as the price (we paid 78.00 euros per night for 2). We had a nice kitchen, a livingroom/diningroom area, and a clean, spacious bathroom. On the street where the hotel is located, there are two supermarkets, as well as a nice coffee/pastry shop. We ate breakfast and mid-day snacks in our suite, and it was nice to have a bit of space to spread out, as well. Most attractions are within a 10-15 block distance, and you could easily walk it. Placa Catalunya, one of the main cross roads to the city, is very close at hand. You'll find banks, tourist information booths (watch out for the people who are posing as info guides. They are salespeople for the tour busses that run out the Placa. The REAL tourist info bureau has a big red I on it's sign and is down a set of stairs resembling an enterance to a train/metro station).

Activities for you and your children: Parc Ciutidel, just passed the Arc de Triomph (in walking distance from Aparthotel Napols). They have a zoo, a small lake with rental row boats,gardens, several large fountains of interest, as well as play areas and rentable bike-buggies that fit 4. We found it to be enchanting. I would also suggest a trip up to Parc Guell. The entire park looks as though it would pop up in a Dr. Seuss book. There are paths to walk on, as well as interesting sculptures of animal and buildings, all tiled in colourful mosaic style.

2. Re: TAXIs? Getting Around! TOP Sites for 2 days????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 00:20