We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do you like the location of this flat, please?

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
556 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How do you like the location of this flat, please?

Hi

Still learning about Barcelona neighborhoods. I like the look of this flat, and the price isn't bad either. Thank you for any thoughts.

http://www.destinationbcn.com/marimon.php

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,410 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How do you like the location of this flat, please?

Good, classy and elegant neighbourhood, It's not in the centre, but lots of buses passing by and it's merely a 15'-20' ride. If anything, it might be a bit noisy, Diagonal is a main artery in Barcelona, but soundproof windows should prevent that. Ask the owner about it.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,094 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do you like the location of this flat, please?

Hola skywalkerbeth,

As Enric has said, it's classy, not in the centre, accessible by bus. Usually, I take the metro to get around for sightseeing. In general, it's much faster than taking the bus. How do you feel about walking 1.1 km (or .7 miles or 10+ min) to the metro station? If that's okay with you, then this apt location will do. In terms of Washington DC, it's kind of like staying at the Watergate Complex.... Fortunately, taxis are abundant and relatively cheap.

An equally classy but much more convenient area would be Rambla de Catalunya.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
556 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do you like the location of this flat, please?

Hi, one thing I like very much (now that I'm looking) is that it is only 190e a night whereas so far the hotels all seem to be much more than that. And this gives me "more" than the hotels I see so far. Ouch.

Thank you so much for the thoughts. If I could find a nice flat near your recommendations for the same or less I will look!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,094 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do you like the location of this flat, please?

Just me but I try to avoid staying in hotels and apts that are too beautiful. They become like magnets and I end up lounging around for hours, instead of going out and sightseeing. If your pace is slow and you enjoy sitting on the terrace at the apt, then it's a good choice.

Recently, we stayed at a B&B where we had a private washroom, a private sitting room and a bedroom. B'fast was served in the common living room, facing a small garden. We didn't have kitchen privileges but apart from that, I felt very satisfied and at home. 95 euros. http://www.barcelonabb.com/BB%20master.htm

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
556 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do you like the location of this flat, please?

Thank you for that link, Gigismum! I will take a look.

The flat - is that area very quiet - no cafes? When you say "like the Watergate" do you mean "dead as a doornail at night"? That could be good or bad - good for sleeping, but after a long day of sightseeing it might be nice to swing downstairs and sit in a cafe and people watch.

Could you compare it to a Paris neighborhood, please? I hate to admit this but I know Paris 'hoods better than DC 'hoods. I am a far-suburban gal and believe it or not I spend more time in Paris than DC each year (sad but true).

Thanks again

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
556 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do you like the location of this flat, please?

Hi again

Wow, I clicked around that link and I really like it. I emailed them. How did you like that location for cafes and other things a single person might enjoy? How were the views?

Thanks again.

7. Re: How do you like the location of this flat, please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2014, 21:11
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,094 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How do you like the location of this flat, please?

skywalkerbeth,

Unfortunately the area around BarcelonaBB is rather quiet and residential. Of course there are some small shops but not much that I'd want to spend time in. Certainly not like Le Marais or St. Germain. The unit does not have a pretty view, like the apt you linked.

On this forum, we've tried before to equate the neighbourhoods of Barcelona with those of Paris, with very little success. Paris is so much bigger and its growth was not constrained by the boundaries of sea and mountain. If you like places with little cafés and interesting shops, you should look in either Gracia or El Born. Rambla de Catalunya in l'Eixample also has this mix but to a lesser and more expensive extent.

9. Re: How do you like the location of this flat, please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2015, 06:15