We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Music School with Free Concerts in L'Eixample Area?

Port Huron, Michigan
Level Contributor
38 posts
201 reviews
Save Topic
Music School with Free Concerts in L'Eixample Area?

When in Barcelona, we walked passed a building near La Paroquia de la Purissima Concepcio in the L'Eixample area that advertised (free) classical concerts during the year. It was a music school, I think, near a store that sold plants and flowers. Any idea on what it was? I've been trying to locate it again on maps but have not found it.

Barcelona y Flamenco
Performances, Concerts, Theatres
Arte Flamenco Barcelona
Performances, Concerts, Theatres
Port Huron, Michigan
Level Contributor
38 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Music School with Free Concerts in L'Eixample Area?

I should add that it may have been a foundation rather than a school, and one of the concerts in May or June involved trombones and brass.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,276 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Music School with Free Concerts in L'Eixample Area?

Can't think of where do you mean, but if it's of interest to you for your next visit to Barcelona: barcelonayellow.com/bcn-events-calendar/deta…

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,276 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Music School with Free Concerts in L'Eixample Area?

... also, this might interest you too since some concerts are already being performed these days -that you're here that is!. Unfortunately there's not an English program, you'll just have to patiently use Google Translator: …bcn.cat/MediAmbient/Continguts/Agendes/Fitx…

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
7,399 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Music School with Free Concerts in L'Eixample Area?

it must be the Conservatori Municipal de Musica on carrer del Bruc/Valencia.

Port Huron, Michigan
Level Contributor
38 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Music School with Free Concerts in L'Eixample Area?

slatkin_10, that is it. Thank you!

Edited: 16 June 2014, 15:13
Port Huron, Michigan
Level Contributor
38 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Music School with Free Concerts in L'Eixample Area?

Enric M, thank you for the links. I will use them to plan our next trip to Barcelona. I do read Spanish and can make do in Catalan as well.

7. Re: Music School with Free Concerts in L'Eixample Area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 06:16