We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast near Hotel Barcelona Catedral

London, United...
10 posts
Save Topic
Breakfast near Hotel Barcelona Catedral

I am staying at this hotel in August but would prefer to eat breakfast at a cafe, instead of paying the high breakfast buffet prices. Would appreciate names of any good places nearby, or nearby streets to wander for breakfast. I thought maybe Las Ramblas market for breakfast if it is near my hotel. Thanks.

France, Andorra, and Spain from...
1,047 reviews
from US$145.30*
Special Offer
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
2,951 reviews
from US$43.90*
US$48.80
Barcelona City Tour, Sagrada Familia...
1,652 reviews
from US$111.40*
Special Offer
Montserrat and Oller del Mas Tour...
441 reviews
from US$111.71*
US$117.59
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,295 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast near Hotel Barcelona Catedral

Hola lucy,

You must mean the Boqueria market on La Rambla. It's a great place to get b'fast if you go before 9:00. Nearer to your hotel, there are lots of small cafes. Once you arrive, you'll see them. I would suggest Chocolateria Valor for chocolate and churros but I don't know how early they open. tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g187497-d37…

London, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast near Hotel Barcelona Catedral

thanks for the reply. Does the boqueria only serve breakfast until 9am?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,295 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast near Hotel Barcelona Catedral

They serve food earlier (and later) but from 10:00 onwards, it can get really crowded.

Illinois
Level Contributor
172 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast near Hotel Barcelona Catedral

Check to make sure eating at the buffet isn't a mandatory hotel charge. Once in Paris we went to a cafe for breakfast to save money and then ended up having to pay for breakfast at the hotel too.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,295 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast near Hotel Barcelona Catedral

I don't know a single hotel in Barcelona that has mandatory breakfast. There are so many little cafés all over - most people eat b'fast outside of the hotel.

6. Re: Breakfast near Hotel Barcelona Catedral

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2015, 05:17