We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Repeat visitor needs new hotel advice

hawaii
Level Contributor
148 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Repeat visitor needs new hotel advice

Hello Barcelona,

Returning after four years and this time with partner and another couple, five night stay at end of cruise in late October, last day of cruise is in Barcelona with overnight on ship, then four nights on our own,,,.. Last time was with my elderly Mom and we stayed at Hotel Roger de Lluria and that was fine...I would like some suggestions as to similar level hotel, not too fancy but comfortable, clean, quiet, convenient..maybe up to $200 per night, something like that.... Something else near a Roger de Lluria or maybe Passeig de Gracia? I originally thought about the Cathedral area though many reviews talk about danger, noise, dirtiness.... We plan to possibly go to Montserrat and or maybe also to Sitges as side trips and prefer something close to good transportation, such as trains and metros... Not a huge fan of Las Ramblas though we enjoyed an opera at the Liceu and I loved my visit to la Boqueria early one morning alone...I am sure we will stroll it once for good measure, though not sure would like to stay by it....Last visit mom was into the museums but this time, my group isn't into them as much, and I am going to research a good walking tour for me at least, which my mom couldn't do...I enjoyed walking all over the older neighborhoods on my own while mom napped , but had no idea what the story was of all what I was seeing...any recommendations appreciated! Hotel or guests house /b&b even.... Thanks a lot!

Mentioned in this post
Montserrat
Montserrat
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Sitges
Sitges
Province of Barcelona, Spain
J&G Elegance Cars
Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours
Blai Chauffeur Driven Services
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Private Tours
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,296 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Repeat visitor needs new hotel advice

Mahalo pono,

For a 5-night visit with another couple and budgeting up to $200x2 = $400 a night, you might consider renting an apt. If I ever visit with 3 other people, I want to stay at Habitat's Paseo de Gracia A apt. I think it's the one with a balcony facing Gaudi's Casa Batllo. At night, you can sit on the balcony with a glass of cava or if it's too chilly, the view from the living room sofa is almost as good.

Another apt I like is on Plaça Catalunya and Passeig de Gracia, listed on VRBO and airbnb by a guy whose name starts with a J. I'm not at my PC so I can't look up the details.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,296 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Repeat visitor needs new hotel advice

Mahalo pono,

For a 5-night visit with another couple and budgeting up to $200x2 = $400 a night, you might consider renting an apt. If I ever visit with 3 other people, I want to stay at Habitat's Paseo de Gracia A apt. I think it's the one with a balcony facing Gaudi's Casa Batllo. At night, you can sit on the balcony with a glass of cava or if it's too chilly, the view from the living room sofa is almost as good.

Another apt I like is on Plaça Catalunya and Passeig de Gracia, listed on VRBO and airbnb by a guy whose name starts with a J. I'm not at my PC so I can't look up the details.

Edited: 24 June 2014, 16:43
hawaii
Level Contributor
148 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Repeat visitor needs new hotel advice

Thanks so much,will check with the group....we're on a small group tour.....they may want the service and comfort of a hotel, though...if it were close family,yes, I agree, apt. Makes sense! Sounds diivine...

4. Re: Repeat visitor needs new hotel advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 06:24