We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breastfeeding in Barcelona

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Breastfeeding in Barcelona

Hi, I hope this is not a strange question to ask. May I know how acceptable is breastfeeding in public in Barcelona? I will try to be discreet of course but I read that there are not many nursing rooms around. Also, how does mummy change babies diaper if there are not much baby room? Do babies change diaper in ladies washroom? How about the cleaning up? Kindly advise. Thanks!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,199 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Breastfeeding in Barcelona

1.) Nobody will mind if you discretely breastfeed in public. If doing so makes you uncomfortable I recommend to find one of the many spots (gardens) across the city. Still, nudity is not something alien to our culture, in fact, topless is common in most beaches, even full nudity in a few of them; so a lady breastfeeding a baby won't certainly bring much attention.

By the way, to find a few tranquility oasis in the busy city that you might want to use for comfortably feeding your child, or simply to rest your feet a bit, check posts #9 and #15 here: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187497-i44-k72418… Since these are, well, secluded spots, I would suggest you google map each one of them so you know where they are so you can use them should you passing nearby (otherwise you'll miss them, they're not 'that' obvious).

2.) Unfortunately space is a precious commodity in commercial establishments in the city as it's scarce so very few restaurants have a baby room. I'm afraid you'll have to change him/her in the ladies' washroom, and yet in some that'll be an odyssey because toilets are so small. Believe or not, fast-food places (ie. McDonald's and the like) are your best bet to find a baby room -or at least, changing facilitites, even if it's in the ladies' room. Although technically you do, you don't really need to be eating there to use them... simply walk in! More info: tripadvisor.com/…9071794

2. Re: Breastfeeding in Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 12:29
3. Re: Breastfeeding in Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 05:17