We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

strike help

Cardiff
Level Contributor
59 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
strike help

flying with vueling Friday to el prat from Cardiff do you think are flight will be cancelled or are vueing any good or do I need to book another flight with a different company

Manchester
Level Contributor
401 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: strike help

The issue is that the air traffic control staff are on strike in France. If your flight has been cancelled I am sure you will have been told by now. As far as I am aware air traffic is flying over France as normal it is at the airports were problems have been caused.

No point on booking with another airline they all have to fly over France so it won't make any difference.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: strike help

are u on on the 1450 flight if so it is still showing as ok,gon on vueling site on to flight status enter info

and it gives you information,you can even have them email you flight status at bottom is a box for this

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
5,736 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: strike help

Vueling announces in advance which flights will be cancelled. See this page:

vuelingnews.com/category/last-minute/?lang=en

From my experience during previous strikes, the information is pretty accurate.

Edited: 25 June 2014, 18:52
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,238 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: strike help

The French Air Traffic Controllers strike has now been called off effective midnight Wednesday. 25th

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: strike help

How come,have they twigged the government can not give them what they want this time

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: strike help

They weren't striking supposedly over European air control,there saying strike was over air control system in France needing up dating,they wanted government to raise airport fees to airlines,to pay for it,unions have negoiated a deal of sorts and the government are acknowleding it does need up dateing,just looked it up,

7. Re: strike help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 07:16