We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from Salou

Birmingham
Level Contributor
812 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip from Salou

Late July, early August, we will probably do Passeig de Gràcia , Las Ramblas, the port and wherever we get too! Can someone recommend good places to eat, fairly cheap, cafes etc..... Was thinking of the Isreali café on Las Ramblas but may change my mind. Did hear of a square just off Las Ramblas which was a good place to eat. Any tips most welcome.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
812 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip from Salou

Ok, have found lots of info on here, just needed to open my eyes!

Southampton
Level Contributor
3,141 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip from Salou

Hi,

Not sure how you planned on getting to Barcelona but i would recommend using the train. The service is excellent and cheap and will take you to Sants station which is just a short metro journey from the main sights. Its about 90 mins from Salou and only costs about 20 euros for a return.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
812 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip from Salou

Thanks for the advice.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,838 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip from Salou

If you are "doing" Passeig de Gracia then you will be quite close to some decent inexpensive places to eat. La Ramblas and the square just off it are good places to get ripped off.

Carrer Gran de Gracia is the inland continuation of Passeig de Gracia and has several places to eat that are good quality and cheap. Antico Caffe is not flash but does a great menu with wholesome dishes. I think that 9 Euros got you two dishes off tow separate menus plus drinks and maybe coffee. A little further up there is a lovely place on Placa Trilla with a great menu del dia for about €12 which includes wine, bread, coffee and dessert as well as a selection of good starters and mains. Not far away on Placa de la Vila de Gracia, Cafe Euras does a similar deal but is probably a little cheaper. Menus del dia are a good way to eat in the city without spending loads but bear in mind that some cheap sounding deals in the centre may not include drinks, coffee etc.

Edited: 02 July 2014, 13:52
Birmingham
Level Contributor
812 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip from Salou

Thank you very much for your info, could you tell me the name of the square of Las Ramblas? I have heard of this from other people. Thanks.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
812 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip from Salou

Is it Plaça Reial ?

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,838 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip from Salou

Presumably Placa Reial.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
812 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trip from Salou

Ok but not a place to eat, did see some places on the Carrer de Farran a falafel place. Thank you for your advice will try your suggestions.

Edited: 02 July 2014, 21:20
Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,838 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day trip from Salou

I think there's a Maoz on Ferran for falafels. Mainly takeaway, though I think they have a few tables but a bit like eating in a chippy. The falafels are pretty good, though those from Cappadokya on Rambla de Raval are much better IMO. There used to be another similar place on Ferran but I've a feeling it's gone.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
812 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day trip from Salou

Thank you again.