We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona:New Years

Egy
Level Contributor
50 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona:New Years

Hey travelers, i might be visting Barcelona for the new years this year and i have few questions please

first we are a family of 5, there are 2 locations that we are interested in and i need your help decide the first is an apartement in carrer sant pau, ive read that this district might be a bit scary at night is it true? the other is in Villarroel, L'Eixample but am afraid this is a bit far from all the action, so what do you think

My other question is what kind of activity can you do in the new years eve in barcelona?

Thanks

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,114 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona:New Years

Hi MAFEgy,

Not 'scary', just a bit seedy -although not dangerous or anything, uh! I personally prefer l'Eixample too, it's a more classy district. And it's not 'far from the action', Barcelona is a compact city, everything is fairly close to each other, and when it's not, it's only a metro/bus ride away. Anyway, anywhere you stay in Villarroel street is merely a 15' walk from Plaça Catalunya, considered 'the centre'

NYE events don't start to be announced until a few weeks before: tripadvisor.com/…53964641

Anyway, this was one of the shows on NYE last year: infocatalonia.eu/w/…

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,592 posts
3,653 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona:New Years

Downtown Barcelona is the Plaza de Catalunya. A good place to stay is the Eixample, the modern barrio of the city built in the 19th and 20th centuries, with a square grid of streets. This includes modernist buildings like the Sagrada Familia Basilica, Casa Mila and Casa Batllo (built by Gaudi). There are other notable modernist buildings here by other famous modernist architects. The Paseo de Gracia is the most elegant avenue, with upscale stores. Use expedia.com to screen hotels in the area, a very good area to stay in.

3. Re: Barcelona:New Years

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 05:17