We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best sidewalk ramps

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
815 reviews
Save Topic
Best sidewalk ramps

I really like how Barcelona has wide, well-placed sidewalk ramps for everyone's use, including the disabled. Most USA cities have very narrow ramps that are too crowded at busy times and some not placed where people walk.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
66,329 posts
3,763 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best sidewalk ramps

Irish:

Yes, Barcelona has some wide sidewalks, such as the ones along the Paseo de Gracia.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Hotel Paseo De Gracia
Hotel Paseo De Gracia
225 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Europe
Level Contributor
6,123 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best sidewalk ramps

I think Irish is talking about the ramps, not the sidewalks themselves.... :-)

And although I don't use this "aspect" of the city myself, it's nice know that the city got this right. (Us locals like to complain a lot about the city, but overall I find Barcelona - and Catalunya - pretty well organised. I've seen worse in other places... :-)

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Hotel Catalunya
Hotel Catalunya
458 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
3. Re: Best sidewalk ramps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 06:16