We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for accommodation in Eixample

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Topic
Looking for accommodation in Eixample

Hi

I am thinking of going to Barcelona next year around May and I am interested in staying in the eixample area. For a two week stay what would you recommend apartment or hotel? What is a cheap option? This is two young adults.

If you know other areas that might be better for me by all means let me know also.

Thank you

France, Andorra, and Spain from...
1,024 reviews
from US$144.40*
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
2,929 reviews
from US$48.50*
Barcelona City Tour, Sagrada Familia...
1,641 reviews
from US$110.70*
Special Offer
Montserrat Tour from Barcelona...
417 reviews
from US$110.99*
US$116.84
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,393 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for accommodation in Eixample

Read Top Questions "Which area should I stay"

Accommodation www.venere.com www.vrbo.com www.ownersdirect.co.uk

www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com www.barcelonaturisme.com www.timeout.com/Barcelona www.spain.info

www.singaporeair.com fly to Barcelona

Edited: 04 July 2014, 08:12
Taipei, Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,293 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for accommodation in Eixample

In general, an apt is better for longer visits as you can save some money on simple meals, store perishable food in the apt fridge and do your laundry in the apt.

For 2 people, you could also consider a Hostal (with an A). This is a small, often family run hotel with basic amenities. Like a B&B. Some have private washrooms whereas others are shared facilities. Of course, you won't have a kitchen or washing machine.

Some nice ones include: Hostal Oliva, Hostal Goya, Hostal Khronos, BarcelonaBB.

L'Eixample is a big and wide district. Try to stay in the middle near Passeig de Gracia or near a metro station. There are other places to stay that will be cheaper. Consider Poble Nou, Gracia and upper Raval (near metro Sant Antoni). Please read the stop Questions about Where To Stay and Finding a Legal Rental Apt.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,284 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for accommodation in Eixample

If it's of any interest, in the line of Gigis_mum post, I composed a map with a handful of the most popular hostals (with an "a", not hostels!) and B&Bs here among visitors of this TripAdvisor forum: http://bit.ly/hostals_and_BBs_in_BCN Note all, except F & G are located in l'Eixample (ish!)

Edited: 04 July 2014, 13:27
Taipei, Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,293 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for accommodation in Eixample

Moltes gracies, Enric! {^_^}

Budapest
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for accommodation in Eixample

We're staying now at Villa Emília, it's perfect! :-)

Edited: 05 July 2014, 16:16
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,284 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for accommodation in Eixample

hahaha, Tom, you show off!... that's not a "cheap option". Yet I agree with you it's a very charming hotel. Have you added the bike rental to your reservation? Biking the city is a great way to visit it too.

7. Re: Looking for accommodation in Eixample

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 06:16