We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Flight

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
159 posts
242 reviews
Save Topic
Long Flight

Hello,

Ill be flying from Dubai 1st-oct around 1:20 AM to Barcelona Via Frankfurt so gonna be in bcn around 9:00 AM

ill leave bcn 4th oct to dubai 5th dubai night ill go tokyo

ill be having alot of work and meeting very busy schedule

any tips for have good energy what i have todo to avoid jetlag and tired ?

i believe there is alot of expert here :)

Thanks in advance

Torre del Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Flight

Don't eat on a night flight but have a good breakfast on arrival to reset your body clock.

Either sleep or if you cannot, just shut your eyes and rest on a night flight. No watching movies, doing work, etc.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Flight

Set your clock at your destination time as soon as possible, before boarding your plane. If possible, adjust a bit your habits over the previous days (i.e. get up and go to bed a bit earlier/later every day). Upon arrival, do as applicable as the destination time, so even if it feels like a very long day, not get to bed unless it's at least late afternoon, no matter how tired you feel. All this works quite well for me.

Spain
Level Contributor
737 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Flight

Hi, whenever I have to do a long haul flight for work I try to adapt to the destination's time zone as soon as I get on the plane.

Edited: 05 July 2014, 16:27
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
159 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Flight

thanks looking for more tips ,,, the main things i neeed the energy

does workout help?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,740 posts
3,569 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long Flight

Spoow:

Another tip is to go outdoors when you arrive because the sun helps you adjust your body clock. Do not go to your hotel and sleep immediately.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,195 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Long Flight

Excellent advice from everyone! I follow the natural light too - I can't sleep much on the plane so I'm exhausted when I arrive but I have a light snack and a gentle stroll. Exercise is good, a swim would be even better!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
159 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Long Flight

Thanks alot !!!!

the main issue usually i have is in the night around 9 PM i cant feel anything i become totally shutdown

8. Re: Long Flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2015, 05:15