We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

R2Nord train line

Finnmark
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
R2Nord train line

R2 from the airport to Macanet-Massanes: do one have to transfer to another train in the city?

If so, is it just to jump off at,say,Sants,and wait at the same platform for the train to Macanet?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,114 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: R2Nord train line

No, directly to Massanet: http://bit.ly/1otF26V

Finnmark
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: R2Nord train line

Thanks

I thought so myself,but became unsure when looking up the timetable (looks like "transbordo" at Sants),

when searching for the timetable on Renfe(Rodalies Barcelona)

it seems one have to change at Sants?

renfe.com/viajeros/…index.html

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,114 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: R2Nord train line

Oopsy, I'm sorry, my answer is confusing -actually it gives out a wrong perception.

Yes, you have to jump trains in Sants and from there straight to Maçanet.

No, it's not the same platform, you're likely to arrive into Sants in platforms 9 or 10 and then you have to go up the escalator to the ground floor, and down again thru the stairs to the right platform -which normally is either 13 or 14 for Maçanet, but it might change (ie breakdowns, etc) so double check.

Sorry for confusing you before! My apologies.

Edited: 07 July 2014, 19:08
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
7,105 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: R2Nord train line

probably there are an incidence in that line cos it should go directly from the Airport to Maçanet, but i can't find any info about it. indeed, if you check from the Airport to Sant Celoni it works without problems, but it doesn't go further, really strange.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,114 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: R2Nord train line

Actually, to be frank, it also surprised me (haven't taken that line for a long time) so I called Rodalies to check and they confirmed that "you have to switch at Sants"... which, as you say Slatkin_10, is weird -or rather, "new" :))

Honestly JAB18, do ask when you get to the airport station, maybe things have changed then!

Finnmark
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: R2Nord train line

Anyway,thanks a lot Enric and Slatkin

Reason I wondered about this was that it seemed an easy way of getting some friends from el Prat as far up as Macanet, where I in turn could meet them with a car(I will be staying in the Baix Emporda at the time).

But then again,there are lots of options,but one of them is NOT me driving in or through the city :)

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
7,105 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: R2Nord train line

in that case they could go to Sant Celoni without train transfers. it is just few kilometres south of Maçanet so not a big problem for you driving (it is a small town, so should not be difficult find the train station) and easier for them than changing trains at Sants.

do you know that they could go by train to the Baix Emporda with a train transfer too? Flaça, Sant Jordi Desvalls and Camallera must be closer to your location so you should not drive that long.

Finnmark
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: R2Nord train line

thanks slatkin

I have more or less decided to fetch them at Sant Celoni, and maybe climb the Montseny hills the same day:)

The nearest station would be Caldes (de Malavella), where I have been boarding and getting off the train several times. But as I said: they do not know their way,and have small children with them,so it is more convenient for them to go without changing trains.

Anyway,it s not a big deal,I was foremost wondering at the different, indeed seemingly wrong,information on the R2Nord line given on the net sites

Kirkby-in-Ashfield...
Level Contributor
73 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: R2Nord train line

I've been told that to get to Estacio de Franca from the airport on the R2, I would need to change at either Sants or p.de Gracia. Which would be the easiest to navigate with cases as far as having to change platforms please?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
403 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: R2Nord train line

in passeig de gràcia, the train to estació de frança leaves from the same platform