We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowds in late August/beginning of September

California
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Crowds in late August/beginning of September

Hi all...just wondering what the crowds are typically like in Barcelona in late August/beginning of September. I know it can be crazy-busy in July and August, but I'm hoping by the end of the month things calm down a bit. TIA!

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,300 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crowds in late August/beginning of September

It's a city. It's supposed to be crowded. The people who live there hugely outnumber tourists. Who told you that it's "crazy busy" in July and August? In my experience and given that tourism is not seasonal in Barcelona, that can be a little quieter because lots of residents go to cooler, less humid places for their holidays.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Crowds in late August/beginning of September

... I would imagine he must be referring to the 'touristy places'... it's true that in summer the major attractions are more crowded with foreign visitors; although as you say, visitors arrive all year long.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,300 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crowds in late August/beginning of September

"crazy-busy" though? Not in my experience. I've been in mid-August and thought it quite laid-back. Granted we didn't spend much time in the city centre and certainly not in Sagrada Familia or Casa Batllo. The Pedralbes monastery was a haven of calm and tranquility, though. I suppose it usually is. Barcelona certainly felt 'normal' - as in lots of tourists in tourist places - when we were there in February.

4. Re: Crowds in late August/beginning of September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 02:17