We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resorts outside of Barcelona for 3 nights

Level Contributor
61 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Resorts outside of Barcelona for 3 nights

Hi all,

I am spending 4 nights in Barcelona and would like to spend 3 nights somewhere else on the Costa Brava before going home. There are loads of options and I know this question has probably been asked loads of times, but can anyone recommend some places? I will be with my fiance and we're just looking for a place to chill out that is preferably by the sea, with nice bars and restaurants. Not looking for a mad nightlife or anything like that. Ideally it will be accessible by public transport within 2 hours of Barcelona. Would really appreciate any ideas.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,191 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resorts outside of Barcelona for 3 nights

North of Barcelona travelling by bus www.sarfa.com there is www.visitestartit.com and www.infotossa.com/indexeng.php

South of Barcelona by train renfe.com/viajeros/…index.html there is www.sitgestur.cat and www.vilanovaturisme.cat

Buses from Sitges and Vilanova to Barcelona airport www.monbus.cat

Accommodation www.venere.com

Edited: 16 July 2014, 01:13
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,566 posts
3,653 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resorts outside of Barcelona for 3 nights

adohertyd:

Tossa de Mar is a small seaside town that is good to stay in.

Another town is Tarragona, with many Roman remains.

uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resorts outside of Barcelona for 3 nights

Cambrils is a very pleasant seaside town. Its not touristy and has some lovely restaurants. Its a fishing town so has pkenty of seafood restaurants. A lot of spanish go there. Has lively long peaceful beaches. Its just under 2 hours from Barcelona.

4. Re: Resorts outside of Barcelona for 3 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 06:15