We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is happening on or around September 1,2014?

San diego
Level Contributor
18 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
What is happening on or around September 1,2014?

Hi,

Trying to book a hotel on Sept. 1, 2014 in Barcelona near the ramblas and all are full for the 1st and some for also the 2nd. Does anyone know if something special is happening in the city to make this happen?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is happening on or around September 1,2014?

yes, there is an important congress about Cardiology: http://www.escardio.org/esc2014 but it's strange that the hotels are already full, it will be more expensive than other dates, that's for sure.

Did you look on booking.com?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,256 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is happening on or around September 1,2014?

I wouldn't bother to choose a hotel based upon its proximity to Las Ramblas. For short trips, locate yourself around Plaça Catalunya or Passeig de Gracia (in l'Eixample). I like using Booking.com too.

San diego
Level Contributor
18 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is happening on or around September 1,2014?

Thanks, will take your advice on the locations. Currently looking at the Soho Hotel. And YES prices are 2x the cost on the 1st and 2nd compared with the other nights.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,256 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is happening on or around September 1,2014?

The Soho is a good choice. It's a member of a well-run hotel group and conveniently located.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,594 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is happening on or around September 1,2014?

A major cardiology congress combined with summer holidaymakers in town will be sure to make hotels all over the city expensive, not just the Ramblas, often even in the surrounding towns.

. I found out about the European cardiology congress yesterday when my son was trying to find out why flights from Frankfurt to Barcelona were so incredibly expensive on Friday 29th August. Googling got the answer: that congress.

6. Re: What is happening on or around September 1,2014?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2015, 05:16