We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Forum

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
134 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Forum

Staying in BCN for 3 days and been before, and keen on staying a little out of town.

Hotels are v expensive and I'm undecided between the Holiday Inn Express (rambla de poblenou) or Princess (Forum). Whilst Princess looks like a much nicer hotel, and costs the same, I think the other is in a better location for bars and food. Also we are going 1st October so not sure if the hotel pool will still be open?

Thoughts?

Best Seller
France, Andorra, and Spain from...
1,024 reviews
from US$144.70*
Best Seller
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
2,929 reviews
from US$48.60*
Barcelona City Tour, Sagrada Familia...
1,641 reviews
from US$110.90*
Special Offer
Montserrat Tour from Barcelona...
417 reviews
from US$111.23*
US$117.09
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Forum

I can recommend the Princess, I stayed there last December and enjoyed my stay very much. It's about a 20 minute metro ride into the centre of town (yellow line to Jaume I). Rambla de Pobenou would also be about a 15-20 minute walk from there.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Forum

This thread might also interest you

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187497-i44-k740…

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,646 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Forum

If you enjoy beer there's a superb bottle bar on Carrer Llull in Poblenou, a few doors down from the Travelodge. Poblenou is a pleasant area to eat and drink at prices generally lower than in the city centre.

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
134 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Forum

Thanks. Have booked the Princess on a great deal but will walk down to Poblenou as it sounds nice.

5. Re: Forum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 05:05
6. Re: Forum

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 05:05
Europe
Level Contributor
5,956 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Forum

4 posts... all 4 promoting the same site... reported...

8. Re: Forum

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2015, 05:15