We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there taxis for 5 in the city centre?

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Are there taxis for 5 in the city centre?

I have read a lot about getting taxis for 5 to/from the airport but are there taxis for 5 available to flag down in the city centre? We are staying at the Novotel City on Avenida Diagonal and by the end of our 1 day of touring I am thinking we will be shattered and hoping for a taxi home rather than the metro. Anyone have any experience of getting a taxi for 5 on the street?

Mentioned in this post
Novotel Barcelona City
Novotel Barcelona City
3,872 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,297 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there taxis for 5 in the city centre?

Nixieh,

I generally travel with just 1 other person so I don't pay much attention to taxi size. One summer I did visit with extended family and we hailed a larger vehicle from the airport Taxi Marshall. I don't recall seeing larger vehicles circulating that often on the road. To play it safe, take down the tel no of the taxi driver who brings you into town and tell him that you'll be needing a larger vehicle during your stay. All taxi drivers have friends and should be able to pass your request along, even when they are off-shift themselves.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
7,978 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there taxis for 5 in the city centre?

yes, they are all around the city too and you can hail them on the street or just walk to a taxis stop.

3. Re: Are there taxis for 5 in the city centre?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2015, 06:17