We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public transport (metro)

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
public transport (metro)

Hi everyone my son and I are going to the espanyol sevilla game on August 30th the game is an 11pm kick off so will finish at around 1am will there be metros running at this time? Or alternatively any public transport back into the city centre any help would be gratefully received thanks

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
6,788 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: public transport (metro)

11pm? they are crazy!!! fortunately metro works all night so you can take it (waiting time is long, but at least it keeps running).

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,737 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: public transport (metro)

I would also check the kick off time a few times including the day before as they have a habit of changeing them,if it suits the tv channels better,if its being shown on tv

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
6,788 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: public transport (metro)

unfortunately the crazy kick off hour is official and will not change.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,737 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: public transport (metro)

OH dear god i thought they were bad eneugh in the uk with 10 pm kick offs,but its offical the spanish are Madder lol.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
6,788 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: public transport (metro)

as i said before the smarter guys in the world work by the spanish league. shame that we mortals are not so wise for understanding their decissions.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: public transport (metro)

10pm kick-offs in UK?

Latest start i've ever been to a match in England is 8.05pm and i've been watching Liverpool home and away for over 30 years.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,737 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: public transport (metro)

True,its usualy european matches that are away,maybe were more zane than we think.lol

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,737 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: public transport (metro)

Slatkin,Its all down to money and TV coverage,does not matter if us mere mortals are kept up till all hours to see them,not that I do but Hubby does,But then 11 pm in spain is equivelant of evening in uk,as the uk do things earlier overall than the spanish,as we dont close for siestas etc so we finish earlier overall.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: public transport (metro)

Thanks everyone it's a mad time but my little fella is made up with it think it just adds to the excitement I've been checking since the fixtures came out and that's the definate kick off time

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: public transport (metro)

Closest station is the FGC station called Cornella Riera, line starts at Placa Espana. Almeda station is on same line but further away.

We used Cornella Riera a few years back, yes very busy but was on a train withing 20 mins and that was a full house match.

Also got a metro line and Rodalies station at Cornella centre which isn't too far a walk, we used the rodalies station on way out and went to a bar on the way. From memory the Rodalies train is from Placa Catalunya station unless it has changed.