We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

O'Flaherty's Irish Bar

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
O'Flaherty's Irish Bar

Went to Oflaherty's twice as a result of positive posts here. First time driven out by crappy 80s pop blaring thru tinny speakers. Second time went to watch the opening matches of the premier league this Saturday 16/8/14. Pub very noisy with some drunk locals who had been in the local parade. Tables swimming in bits of food and wet paper. Asked landord if my match was on and was assured it was. After 10 minutes after kick off no show except a different match and rugby asked another member of staff who had to go and find out and then said no it wasn't on. Will not be returning. On the other hand went to The Quiet Man on Calle Onió(part of the same chain) and found a peaceful oasis of dark and quiet calm with a chatty barman and will return on Sunday evening for the trad Irish music session. Note only opens evenings.

France, Andorra, and Spain from...
1,046 reviews
from US$146.00*
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
2,948 reviews
from US$44.10*
Barcelona City Tour, Sagrada Familia...
1,650 reviews
from US$111.90*
Special Offer
Montserrat and Oller del Mas Tour...
441 reviews
from US$112.23*
US$118.14
Europe
Level Contributor
5,974 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: O'Flaherty's Irish Bar

And the question is...?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,355 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: O'Flaherty's Irish Bar

Hi Philip... thanks for the review but it that's all what it is you should post it under its fact file here: tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187497-d1… as the forums are rather intended for asking questions. Here your review will sadly be buried in a few days into oblivion when other members post further questions... as the Barcelona forum is one of the most active in TripAdvisor.

Edited: 17 August 2014, 08:49
Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,726 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: O'Flaherty's Irish Bar

Well I've looked back to about 2011 and don't see many positive posts here. Perhaps I've missed something. Most of the posts state the obvious, that Irish bars in non-Irish cities might well be showing major sports matches. Not sure that equates to a positive review. I've been to about 3 Irish bars and one possibly "English" on in the city with the single purpose of watching rugby matches. They were mainly fine for that but I doubt if I would go inside them unless they were showing a match I wanted to see.

What was the 'local parade'?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,355 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: O'Flaherty's Irish Bar

They're mostly full of expats, tourists and -in major sports events- locals alike, otherwise it's not a place that'd be frequent by many locals... (generally speaking that is)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,130 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: O'Flaherty's Irish Bar

Only went in it once,and that was because hubby wanted to watch a footy match they were showing,not the type of bars we go in realy,prefer to mix with the locals when in the city,but most Irish or English bars abroad are like that rowdy with expats or tourists who frequent them.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: O'Flaherty's Irish Bar

Like Chris, i use them purely as a last resort to see Liverpool. Which may have to be done again next month.

7. Re: O'Flaherty's Irish Bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 06:16