We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping

We will be in Spain for a month and would like to purchase some items when we arrive, rather than pack them. Is there a way to find out what brands/products are sold in Barcelona?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,627 posts
3,576 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping

Sharon:

The most famous clothing brand is Zara. Another brand is Mango.

missmalini.com/2012/…

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,614 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping

Can I assume you refer to clothing, shoes and complements?

... sure you want to know?.... ok, here it comes:

+d conti, 7 camicie, adolfo dominguez, aita, alain afflelou, aldo, amy gee, antonio miró, antony morato, aristocrazy, armani, bally, barbour, bdba, becara, belstaff, bershka, biba, billabong, bimba & lola, bodum, bonpoint, boston, brownie, bulgari, burberry, calvin klein, calzedonia, camper, carhartt, carolina herrera, casas, castañer, change, chantelle, claire’s, clarks, celio, coach, código básico, columbia, conti, cooked in barcelona, cortefiel, cottet, custo barcelona, dc store, desigual, di, prego, camicie, diesel, dockers, dotze de cors, douglas, elena miró, escada, ese o ese, esuap, etam lingerie, etxart & panno, folli follie, foot locker, forever 21, furest, g-star raw, gant, georges rech, geox, guess, h&m, hackett, havaianas, hilfiger denim, hollister, hoss intropia, hugo boss, hunkemöller, hush puppies, ikks women, inside, intimissimi, jack & jones, javier simorra, kaotiko, koroshi, kurokai, la perla, lacoste, leonce, levi’s, lyne’s, loewe, lotusse, lush, macson, mandarina, duck, mango, marypaz, massimo dutti, maydo, mbt, mcquinn, misako, miss sixty, munich, nekane, nice things, nike store, no problem, orange, oysho, panama jack, pedro del hierro, pepe jeans, perfumeria julia, pimkie, podium, primark, promod, pull and bear, punto blanco, querol, rip curl, rituals, roberto, verino, sabon, salsa, san marina, sebago, sfera, shana, sisley, sita murt, spazio, springfield, stradivarius, suiteblanco, sun fashion, superdry, susuu, system action, tascon, tcn, tezenis, the body shop, timberland, toscana, trucco, ulanka, u-casas, uno de 50, versace, vialis, vogue, women’s secret, xtrem de conti, zara.

... plus all the independent retailers and brands.

Need more? :))

PS: Note that Custo Barcelona -famous designer- as well as Mango and Desigual were born here in Catalonia and are headquartered in Barcelona (well, Mango is close enough)... so you know!

Edited: 19 August 2014, 04:22
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,538 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping

Or personal care items? A lot of these brands are very international

To get an idea of what brands are available in Spain you could try looking at amazon.es maybe

Yerevan
Level Contributor
68 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping

Wow, so informative, thanks a lot. Could you please tell me if there's a Victoria's Secret in Barcelona?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,614 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping

02b.com/en/notices/2014/08/victoria-s-secret…

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping

Thank you Enric for this list!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,614 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping

ha!... now you can shop 'til you drop

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping

My strategy will be to pack light so I can fill my suitcase with my shopping finds! We passed the Desigual store in San Francisco this weekend & my husband asked me if I wanted to go inside. I said, NO of course not, I'm going to wait until Barcelona!

Is there an equivalent of a Target store in Barcelona? Target is like a very large drug store with clothes, home goods, food, etc.

Thanks,

Carminia

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,614 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Shopping

Hi Carminia,

... while we do indeed have large commodity stores, Catalans don't seem to be too fond on those type of stores, except for groceries -and even for that!- we do prefer to buy in smaller more 'neighbourly' and/or specialized stores.

Having said that, you seem to be looking for the likes of Carrefour, Alcampo or El Corte Inglés. The first two would be sort of Walmart or Target, but there you wouldn't find any of the brands I've mentioned before. The later is a big department store -the biggest in the South of Europe- with centres all over the city. El Corte Inglés does carry a few well-known brands next to their own and the sell all sorts of products -but not at discount or outlet prices, on the contrary, this chain is known to be rather expensive.

If you're interested in clothing, and you must be since you mentioned Desigual, forget about that type of establishments. You have two options: either you stroll certain areas of the city where all the shops, from these and other independent brands are literally bumping into each other and you have more offer than you can really chew, or else visit a shopping mall, there are a dozen or so in Barcelona. These areas are located in several spots in the city, the nearest to the centre being located around Plaça Catalunya (Carrer Pelai, Carrer Portal de l'Angel, Carrer Portaferrissa...)

As per shopping centres (you call them 'malls'), for something that it's not important now, I had to create a map for a work project which -after being conveniently sanitized ;)- I'm happy to share with you: http://postimg.org/image/ngqpyj3mn/ You can see the names of the shopping malls and their location in the city, now you only have to google them. Note though, for the matter at hand in your case, most of them would satisfy your needs. If anything, the biggest is La Maquinista and the poshest L'Illa Diagonal and also Pedralbes Centre.

Lastly, if you're into top-end brands, stroll the so-called "Shopping Mile", which is a route starting in Plaça Catalunya via Passeig de Gràcia all the way up to Diagonal then turning left and all the way to Francesc Macià square. This route is full of the most expensive shops in the city.

Enjoy!

Edited: 20 August 2014, 08:29
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Shopping

Thanks so much Enric for the map and advice! I think I like both options, malls and shopping streets.