We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exploring the Exiample

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Exploring the Exiample

The hubby and I will be travelling to Barcelona early September. This is our itinerary for one of our days in Barcelona (exploring the Eixample).

Tour La Pedrera (9:30-11:00 am; time has to be pre-booked)

Lunch at Tapas 24 (11:30-1:30 pm)

Make our way to Sagrada Familia (2:00-4:00 pm; time has to be pre-booked)

Then make our way to Parc Guell (5:00 pm) and Gaudi House & Museum (7:30 pm; time has to be pre-booked)

How for my questions:

1. how does the itinerary look?

2. If our pre-booked time for the Gaudi House & Museum is at 7:30 pm how much time will have to explore the house & museum?

3. If we are buying the combo ticket for the Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell (Gaudi House & Museum) does this give us entrance into the Monumental zone?!

Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,262 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exploring the Exiample

xoxoMasalaGirl,

Let me give you the most important answer first.

3) NO, the Sagrada Familia + Gaudi House ticket does not include admission to the Monumental Zone. You will need to have a separate ticket which can be purchased online in advance from Park Guell website.

It's been several years since I visited the Gaudi House but if there is no change, you should be done in 30 min or less.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,593 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exploring the Exiample

As you have several days in Barcelona I suggest you do the Eixample part one day and leave Parc Güell for another day. Otherwise I think you'll have sensory overload and not get the most out of the park visit.

I'd book Sagrada Familia for somewhat later than 2pm. Lunch at Tapas 24 will be tapas I assume? Lunch as in menu del día is never served before 1pm here.

You may want to spend longer than 2 hours in Sagrada Familia too, if you find the museum particularly interesting (and also including the towers)

The Eixample could be combined with a wander round Gracia, which has a villagey feel so a big contrast

3. Re: Exploring the Exiample

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 05:15