We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe hotel for single female traveler in Barcelona

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Safe hotel for single female traveler in Barcelona

I plan to visit Barcelona in few weeks. Can someone recommend a nice hotel in a safe area. I want to feel safe going back to the hotel after 9 PM. I can afford a nice hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,444 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe hotel for single female traveler in Barcelona

... Barcelona is a safe city, you shouldn't worry too much about safety (yet it's a city nonetheless, hence common sense it's a must!).

Having said that, I'd recommend you the district of l'Eixample or the area of El Born in the Old Town and perhaps would avoid El Raval, not because it's unsafe but because it can be a bit seedy at night. Check an older post of mine: http://bit.ly/BCNwhicharea

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
El Born
El Born
3,505 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,910 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe hotel for single female traveler in Barcelona

Have a look at hotels near Placa Catalunya or in the Eixample. Hotel Jazz is nice, but if you're travelling at the end of September for La Merce they may not be available anymore.

9pm is not late at all in Spain by the way, it's when people start going to dinner.

Mentioned in this post
La Merce
La Merce
33 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Spain
Spain
Europe
Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
13,119 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe hotel for single female traveler in Barcelona

Anything on Passeig de Gracia. Barcelona is a safe city. If you are of a nervous disposition you might find some of the narrow lanes of Barri Gotic and Ribera/El Born a bit off-putting at night though there is no significant risk, even in the red-light areas towards the port end of Raval. Passieg de Gracia is a broad, well lit, upmarket street with a number of high-class hotels. If my budget was adeqaute then I personally would consider Casa Fuster. The Mandarin Oriental is nearby. I haven't stayed in the Barcelona MO but the one in London is super. There are plenty of other options.

Mentioned in this post
El Born
El Born
3,505 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Raval
Raval
210 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
London
London
England, UK
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe hotel for single female traveler in Barcelona

Thanks for the recommendation. I looked at Casa Fustar. But I am considering Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia it seems closer to the city center. The hotel seems to have excellent reviews.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
405 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe hotel for single female traveler in Barcelona

Hotel Royal is very nice!! i have never stayed, but it looks beautiful, and is really well located, safe area

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,444 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Safe hotel for single female traveler in Barcelona

For info... Barcelona is far more than 'the centre'. Casa Fuster is located between l'Eixample -full of Modernist buildings- and Gràcia, a small "town" within the city so to speak. Both are well worth visiting. Furthermore, a stroll from Casa Fuster to the centre is merely 25' via two wonderful boulevards, either Passeig de Gràcia or Rambla Catalunya: http://bit.ly/1lIw4AG Or, if you don't feel like walking there are plenty of bus lines going to the centre, the ride is barely 10'. My advice: don't be too paranoid about "being close to the centre"

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
California
Level Contributor
4,672 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safe hotel for single female traveler in Barcelona

Hi, I liked the Hotel Condes de Barcelona's location on the Passeig de Gracia. It was very convenient to walk to many sights from there. It had many good places to shop as well as to dine too.

Mentioned in this post
Passeig de Gracia
Passeig de Gracia
11,820 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safe hotel for single female traveler in Barcelona

H10 Casanova, on Gran Via with Casanova, a few steps to Plaza Universitat, very friendly staff

9. Re: Safe hotel for single female traveler in Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 05:16