We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona Luxury hotels

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona Luxury hotels

Spending 3 nights in November and want to splurge. I'm deciding between The Alma (Eixemple) The DO Placa Reial (Bari Gothic) Would love some feedback.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,272 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona Luxury hotels

I haven't stayed in either but 1) as a Barcelona DE and regular visitor, I spend time looking at hotel websites and 2) I have friends who have stayed.

The Alma style is low-key elegance. The location is near many of Bcn's best restaurants so if you're interested in food, this is a good location. The DO Plaça Reial is in the Old City. Being in one of Bcn's oldest squares, it's full of ambiance but walking back to the hotel at night, you would go through La Rambla or some narrow old streets. It's not my cup of tea but other people may like it.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
403 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona Luxury hotels

When I think about luxury hotels Casa Fuster, Majestic or Mandarin come to my mind

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona Luxury hotels

We chose The Alma and it was fantastic. Understated luxury. Great service and location.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
403 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona Luxury hotels

I' m glad that you had a good time :)

Edited: 02 December 2014, 22:32
Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,513 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelona Luxury hotels

My one and only visit to Barcelona was at The Alma as well....besides what you stated (elegance, location, service), the rooms were quite large, quiet, and no issues whatsoever with wifi--which, I understand, can be an issue at some hotels.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,080 posts
3,606 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelona Luxury hotels

feener:

I recently stayed at the Hotel Majestic for a week. The location is the best, right on the Passeig de Gracia, in a very safe area. The breakfast buffet is one of the best in Spain.

7. Re: Barcelona Luxury hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2015, 05:15