We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best things to see

england
Level Contributor
48 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Best things to see

We are travelling to Barcelona and have 3 evenings and 2 mornings to sight see.

What should we see and what do we need to book in advance?

We are staying at the Miramar which is near the port and I understand is 15 mins walk from Las Ramblas

Thanks

France, Andorra, and Spain from...
1,047 reviews
from US$145.40*
Special Offer
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
2,951 reviews
from US$43.90*
US$48.80
Barcelona City Tour, Sagrada Familia...
1,652 reviews
from US$111.40*
Special Offer
Montserrat and Oller del Mas Tour...
442 reviews
from US$111.74*
US$117.62
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,295 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best things to see

The only Miramar I know is ON Montjuic and it is prob 10 min from Las Ramblas by car! It's a beautiful hotel with views over Barcelona but it's not convenient for sightseeing, shopping or dining. If this is your hotel, budget extra time and effort for getting around. Map of Montjuic here (hotel is at #16):

tripandrate.com/en/…montjuic-map

What to see in Bcn (from the Top Questions to the right of this column):

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g187497-c105837/Bar…

england
Level Contributor
48 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best things to see

Thank you, not yet finally booked but hotel is http://hotelmiramarbarcelona.com/en/hotel

Trip Advisor reviews said 15 mins walk...is this ambitious!? We wanted a pool to chill out but walking distance to see things...maybe we are too far out though?

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
3,096 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best things to see

Jan-sam, we are visiting Barcelona in Oct this year and have booked the Europark Hotel which is quite central for some of the sites such as Sagrada Familia, Casa Mila & Casa Batllo. It has a roof top swimming pool as well. It is listed as a 3 star so I don't know if this will be what you are looking for as your current hotel is I think listed as a 5 star. We choose this hotel for it's location and the rooms do look nice.

Barcelona
Level Contributor
480 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best things to see

It's 1.5km so it should be a 15-20 minute walk to the bottom of La Rambla, depending on your pace.

However, bear in mind that the hotel is on a hill, so going back means quite a steep climb.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,295 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best things to see

I think Mulzy's choice of Europark is an excellent one.

The Miramar might be only 1.5 km by foot from the bottom of La Rambla but 1) the bottom of La Rambla is hardly the prettiest or most central part of town and 2) you'll need to take the metro more than 4 stops (not including transfers) to get to almost all the primary sights (Sagrada Familia, Park Guell, Barri Gotic, Passeig de Gracia).

For 4-5 days, it would be nice to enjoy the pool, have b'fast on the lawn, take your time....For 2 days, I would stay somewhere more central.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
3,096 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best things to see

Sorry I meant to say chose and not choose!! Tsk :0)

england
Level Contributor
48 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best things to see

Thank you all will have a look at other hotel options. The Europark does look lovely but no premium rooms left and it is a BIG birthday celebration !

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
3,096 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best things to see

Jan-sam, did you try directly with the hotel or through a third party booker? Hopefully you will find something really special for your birthday, many happy returns when the big day arrives :0)

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best things to see

Looks a nice hotel, if its for a Birthday celebration and its what you want, go for it. You might need to taxi it back at night just to save the walk though.

10. Re: Best things to see

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2014, 15:47