We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how do I get from Rome to Barcelona?

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
228 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
how do I get from Rome to Barcelona?

Trying to plan travel from Rome to Barcelona, and having a hard time getting cheaply from A to B. Any suggestions?

Kansas City
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: how do I get from Rome to Barcelona?

Try www.vueling.com they have great fares. It's a low cost spanish airline.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
228 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how do I get from Rome to Barcelona?

The prices are incredible! This is like Ryanair- but I never heard of this airline- has it been around for a while? Is it safe??

How can some of these airlines fly so cheaply?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how do I get from Rome to Barcelona?

We also flew Vueling several times during our stay this past spring. The planes are new, clean, the service is spartan but friendly. It was kinda tough to find them on the internet (at least through the normal search engines), but we found them to be reliable and confidence-inducing ....

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,525 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how do I get from Rome to Barcelona?

We've flown Vueling a couple of times (Madrid and lisbon) and service was fine. On these forums Xaf has mentioned knowing things which are scary and could affect safety but no specifics. The usual comment/question is the short turnaround time the budget airlines work with.

Ryanair also flies from Rome Ciampino but to Girona rather than BCN.Bus from Girona airport costs 11€ single.

There's also a ferry (Grimaldi) from Civitavecchia to BCN which has some bargains too (but not fast).

Ncl
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: how do I get from Rome to Barcelona?

i'm trying to go the other way, barca 2 rome, but i don't reali wanna fly if i can help it. help ne1? chap as possible 2!

Ncl
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: how do I get from Rome to Barcelona?

im trying to go the other direction, but would really prefer not to fly if possible. any ideas? cheap as possible needed, because this is a mini backpack through europe!

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
606 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: how do I get from Rome to Barcelona?

Hi,

A few years ago I was planning a ferry trip from BCN to Rome (Civitavecchia) but then plans changed and it remains a dream. It's a long time on a ferry but I love all sort of boats, ships and stuff.

Try www.aferry.to. It should not be too expensive although I don't know the current prices.

Ncl
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: how do I get from Rome to Barcelona?

thanks! il give them a go. i'd prefer ferries or trains to be honest. my trip's still in the early planning stages, but i really wanna get a good idea of the best way to do it as early as possible!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,525 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how do I get from Rome to Barcelona?

Civitavecchia is called the port of Rome but it's about 100km north, just so you know!

Grimaldi runs the ferry.

Ncl
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: how do I get from Rome to Barcelona?

yeah i checked out the ferries & things. the trains to rome at the other side are quite reasonable& run quite regularly, so think its a definate possibility!