We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona Wedding

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
347 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona Wedding

We have had a great thread going here about our wedding in Barcelona.

This has become a forum for advice, ideas and tips in getting hitched in BCN

Unfortunately, some idiot posted messages that were banned and therefore the topic was discontinued with no more posts being allowed.

Instead of it going dead, I would love to keep the comments, advice, tips and of course, news from those that got hitched in BCN when they return from the honeymoon !

Please keep this topic going - all (constructive) comments welcome.

The previous thread is here: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187497-i44-k16792…

Hope 'tis of help

Corkman

473 replies to this topic
1. Re: Barcelona Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2006, 19:26

Dublin
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona Wedding

Delighted to see the Barcelona Wedding thread is still going strong! Our wedding is still more than 6 months away so would hate for it to disappear now as I found the last thread a great support & source for advice etc. Its so great to hear from & read about the experiences of other people who are going through/have been through the same process as us! So Corkman is right, lets keep it going lads!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona Wedding

Hi Viva Los Novios,

How are your wedding plans going? What do you have planned so far? You must be getting really excited!

waterford, ireland
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona Wedding

Hi Everyone,

We started a thread without realising this one was open and you guys seem to know what you are talking about, so we'll stick with ye lads!!

We are planning to get married in Barcelona next Sept. We will be inviting 30-35 guests and are looking for a small quiet church in Barcelona city itself. Also, looking to have the reception in a 4-5* hotel with music and lots of dancing afterwards.

Can anyone recommend anything to us, to suit the above.

Just want the day to be relaxed and informal but good fun!!

Thanks!!

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
347 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelona Wedding

Rufus

Have a look at the original thread here : tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187497-i44-k16792…

Most of your questions should be answered there. We were married in Santa Maria del Mar in the Gothic quarter and had a cava reception in cdlc on the beach, then back ti the hotel - Montblanc on via laeitana. Fabulous food and music til about 6am !!!

Give me a shout if I can give you any more info

tom@woodward.ie

Dublin
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelona Wedding

Dunner, our wedding plans are coming along well, thanks so much for asking. We're slowly but surely making progress... Big things like venue, dress, ceremony & photographer are organised. A few things like music & flowers that we thought we had organised from our last trip to Barca have kind of fallen through, & am at a loss where to even begin with things like hairdressers etc, so we've still lots to do & organise but am enjoying the planning of it all so much! We're actually flying to Spain later today for 5 days to get as much done as we possibly can for the wedding ...u should see our "To- Do List"... its scary!! So hopefully next time I post we'll be even more organised! ;o)

Rufus, in regards to venues, we're having quite a big wedding so all the venues we looked at were for receptions of over 100 guests and therefore wouldn't suit u as those venues wouldn't cater for small wedding parties. Also all of the venues we saw were outside of Barcelona city as my fiancé is from the city centre and we wanted somewhere a bit different for his family and friends,

Anyway guys will be in touch again to fill u in on our progress when we're home! :o)

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
347 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelona Wedding

Los Novios

Hope you have a fab break in BCN

email me and I'll give you the email of the band that we had at our wedding and a good hairdresser

Corkman

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
347 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barcelona Wedding

Rufus

If you read the previous thread you will get a lot of info.

Otherwise email me and I will give you same

tom@woodward.ie

waterford, ireland
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Barcelona Wedding

Thanks Corkman + los novios. Have picked up a good bit of information from the previous threads.

If anyone has any info on a good venue suitable for a party of 35 in the city centre can you please let us know.

Also, can you pass on details of good bands and the type of music they play.

Thanks a mil!!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Barcelona Wedding

Los Novios,

Hope your trip is going well, am very jealous that you are in Spain it's very wet and dreary in Scotland at the moment. Dying to hear how you got on, I'm sure you will get mostthings sorted. So what's your dress like?

Corkman, you never said what ye did for your 1st anniversary. Did ye make it back to Spain?

Rufus, Sorry have always stayed in apartments n Barca don't know much about hotels. Would you think of getting a wedding planner? Thats what we did and it made the whole thing very stress free! Waht made ye all decide on Barcelona to get married? We just loved Barcelona the firsat time we ever went there and when we got enagaged we knew we didn't want a big Irish wedding so it seemed the obvious choice!

Reply to: Barcelona Wedding
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted