We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flamenco Show

mytrip-ar
Level Contributor
210 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Flamenco Show

I recently visited Barcelona and booked to see the Flamenco show at Tablaeo Flamenco on Las Rambas.

Although we could not fault the performance and would definatey go again i just thought it best to pass on this advice to people.

We were advised by a friend to give the dinner a miss at the venue and to eat elsewhere...this proved to be good advice...as the buffet that was on show when we arrived did not look too appetising.

If you book the 'drink & show' tickets, make sure you remind the waiter you want a drink as he is taking you to your seat...we did not receive our drink during the performance after trying on numerous occasions to catch the waiters eye.

And finally, if possible, when booking try and request a seat at the back of the room (facing front of stage)...we were sat at the side of the stage and felt we missed out on the full visual effect of the show.

hope this helps

Has anyone else been to a Flamenco show in Barcelona that they can reccommend?...

many thanks xx

Stamford, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flamenco Show

I can recommend the Tablao de Carmen, which is within the Poble Espanyol area. The flamenco show is dinner inclusive but, unlike your experience, the food is good and the wine is included. Given that you get a three course dinner, wine and the show, we thought the price was very reasonable. The flamenco when we went was outstanding. You have to book in advance because the Poblo is closed by the time you arrive for dinner so they have to leave your name on the gate. The people who answer the phone speak good English. If you get the last Barcelona tourist bus of the evening, it drops almost outside the entrance and when you leave it's easy to get a taxi outside the main gate as they cruise by. The phone number for the Tablao is 933 256 895 but if you Google the name you'll get all the info you need on their website.

mytrip-ar
Level Contributor
210 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flamenco Show

Thanks sheenamary....

i'l definately go see this show when we return to Barcelona!!

thanks for the advice

xx

London, England
Level Contributor
370 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flamenco Show

We are thinking of attending this very Flamenco show on the first night that myself and 6 other work colleagues come to Barcelona on 23/11.

The thoughts expressed here have been very useful, thanks.

netherlands
Level Contributor
133 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flamenco Show

I do NOT agree at all with all the positive reviews on the flamenco show at tablaodelcarmen. I booked the show last weekend because of all the good comments but is was awfull.

The food was very poor - I did not finish the maincourse and neither did my mother (I had the fricandeau with untraceable mushrooms wich tasted like it came out of a tin and mother had sole with lemonsauce. The fish had some realy hard spots and no taste at all and the sauce was sweet and from a package. The soup (we had the consomme with sherry) had no taste either, just salt. Desserts also very mediocre. Small portions.

We did not like the show at all. The guys could not sing, it was more like shouting. Guitarplaying did not impress us at all. The dancing lacked passion and the clothes were very simpel. One of the girls kept her dress together with a safety pin at the back... It was so bad it became hilarious and we had a great laugh over disaster of this evening.

The busses up the hill (50 and 13 I think) did not go anymore after the last show (23.00), and no taxis around either so prepare for a walk back to the metro.

We planned to visit the magic foutains first, but they appeared to be out of order untill 15 december for maintenance.

The only good thing was that you eat during the show, so the whole thing does not last very long. And no smoking inside. Even though we had the second show the air was very fresh - so fresh some people put on their coats...

5. Re: Flamenco Show

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 17:21