We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please review my Barcelona itinerary

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
763 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Please review my Barcelona itinerary

We will be in Barcelona for 5 nights in March with our kids ages 11 and 14 (then off to Morocco for 8 nights). This is my first attempt at putting together an itinerary for Barcelona. I would appreciate any suggestions. I was also hoping to do the Fat Tire Bike Tour, but now not sure if we can fit it in. We will be staying at the Hotel Pulitzer located near the Placa Catalyuna.

Sat.- arrive BCN at noon. Settle into hotel explore Las Ramblas and Boqueria Market.

Sun.- Sagrada Familia

Block of Discord (Casa Mila or Casa Bastilo)

Barri Gothic and the cathedral

Mon. - Camp Nou, incl. behind the scenes tour

Montjuic

Tues.- Daytrip to Girona or Monserrat (still deciding)

Wed. - El Born

Picasso Museum

Chocolate Museum

Passieg de Garcia/L'Eixample

Thurs. - (our flight to Marrakech leaves at 9:50pm so we still have a full day in Barcelona)

Parc Guell

Palau de la Musica Catalan - tour

We do enjoy just exploring neighborhoods and shopping so I hope we have left time for that as well. I know dinner starts late - how late are the stores open for shopping??

Also, any recommendations on museums/sites that have good docent tours or audio tours would be appreciated, and of course if I've missed something great, please let me know.

Thanks!!

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,602 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please review my Barcelona itinerary

Sounds pretty good to me. I think it might be best to let the weather make the Girona/Montserrat decision for you. Monserrat is spectacular but I imagine you have one or two hills in Oregon that are quie impressive. You've probably not got much like Girona - and Tarragona is another alternative with some pretty good Roman remains and another lovely cathedral.

For personal preference I'd opt to visit Le Pedrera rather than Casa Batllo - they're very close together so you would still see the exterior of the Block of Discord. Pedrera and Parc Guell are my favourite bits of Gaudi. I'd also think about getting to Guell early in the holiday because it gives you a superb view of the city and helps set context - and it's lovely on a sunny day.

Check to see if the Fonts Magica are on during your stay - cheesy but somehow satisfying. Have a great time.

2. Re: Please review my Barcelona itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 19:16