We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with balcony or roof top with view??

Bracebridge, Canada
Level Contributor
557 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with balcony or roof top with view??

I have been spending SO much time going from review to review and keep flipping back and forth as to where we will stay (3 days) in October. I would really like a 3 - 4 star place in the heart of Barcelona that has some character...I'd love to go out on a balcony or see the city from the rooftop. Any suggestions?? Thanks for your time!!

France, Andorra, and Spain from...
1,044 reviews
from US$146.60*
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
2,944 reviews
from US$44.30*
Barcelona City Tour, Sagrada Familia...
1,650 reviews
from US$112.40*
Special Offer
Montserrat and Oller del Mas Tour...
439 reviews
from US$112.73*
US$118.66
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with balcony or roof top with view??

Actually, there are dozens of hotels with outstanding rooftop views. A good 3-star with great views is the Hotel Inglaterra (http://www.hotel-inglaterra.com/).

4-stars with great views include the Hotel 1898, Casa Camper, Hotel AC Diplomatic and Prestige Paseo de Gracia.

The rest, with spectacular views, are 5-star properties including hotels Casa Fuster, Majestic and Omm.

Bracebridge, Canada
Level Contributor
557 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with balcony or roof top with view??

Robert thank you so much for your reply. Since you posted back to me I have spent hours on hours on hours going through hotel after hotel. I'd do Trip Advisor to get ratings and comments from 3/ 4 star places. I've got sheets and sheets, there is paper everywhere, on the pluses and minuses of hotels. I'd think "this is it!!" then read reviews to find that unless you booked "this "accomodation your room either didn't have a window , was the size of a "postage stamp"or you were facing a dismal alley. Even the most expensive hotels have little "zingers" that people write in about. I am at my wits end. My travel agent hasn't come back to me on the price of Inglaterra but I think it's going to be over $1,000 Canadian...too much for 3 days. Ok here are some of the finalists in the "Choose Your Hotel" contest .

N H Duc de la Victoria

Avenida Palace..(but lots of not nice reviews)

H 10 Universital

HCC Regent

AC Diplomatic

Barcelona Universal Hotel (but big diff in room size.-roll of the dice if you get a larger room)

Ok I will pay to go to any of these places for my 3 days in Barcelona. I'd like clean, half decent size room, with either a balcony, or pretend balcony, or roof top to see sites.Close prox. to Ramblas etc.PLEASE help! My fingers are freezing due to sitting at the computer (today I started at 6:00am and I'm still sitting here-3:30). If you had to narrow it down or decide on one what do you think???

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with balcony or roof top with view??

I just checked the special Internet rates for the Hotel Inglaterra for three nights in early October.

Classic Double - 290.38 Canadian/night

Superior Double - 313.65 Canadian/night

Deluxe Double - 336.60 Canadian/night

Prices are based on the current exchange rate.

If you can find a good rate at Duc de la Victoria or the AC Diplomatic, then take it. The AC has a free mini-bar, which I've always enjoyed when it has something decent in it.

Bracebridge, Canada
Level Contributor
557 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with balcony or roof top with view??

Does that include all taxes etc? Do you know what the difference is between classic and superior?? Now i've been told about Husa Barcelona...Oh jeepers...will check out duc and Ac prices again.Husa a go or forget it??

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with balcony or roof top with view??

The price does not include the 7% hotel tax.

I'm not a fan of the Husa Barcelona because of its location, but if the price is right...

Bracebridge, Canada
Level Contributor
557 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with balcony or roof top with view??

Ok I've got a good price for the Duc but I can't find their e mail address to ask about the price of suites. Anybody know of the email address???

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with balcony or roof top with view??

The Duc de la Victoria's suites begin at about €195/night. This is a NH property. You can contact the hotel direct through the NH web site (http://www.nh-hotels.com), our book them through JP Moser (http://jpmoser.com/).

You can also email the hotel at: info@hotelnhducdelavictoria.com

Bracebridge, Canada
Level Contributor
557 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with balcony or roof top with view??

Thanks Robert! I may be coming to the end of a long journey looking for a hotel. I guess when I check out these final hotel options, book then finally arrive at the hotel.... I want it to be just perfect...so spending the hours that I have, looking at the varied properties, it will be worth it ,if hubby says 'Hey Hon this is really nice!!!"

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel with balcony or roof top with view??

laing -

Don't sweat the small stuff so much - you're only going to be there for 3 days, you don't have enough time to get grouched over a small room, just looking at the Gaudi buildings can occupy most of the time you have in Barcelona. Hotel rooms in Europe are small - that's the way it goes. They simply don't have the wide open spaces that we do - so choose the hotel that seems most interesting and characterful - within the budget, of course, and start planning the important stuff, like where you'll eat.

Bracebridge, Canada
Level Contributor
557 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel with balcony or roof top with view??

Thanks B.C. Canada..got a little teary,,darn, just don't want to experience a room where I go "Geez, I should have checked it out better". Thanks for the "heads up". I have a... few trips.. that I have been planning so it has been a little, what can I say, "sheesh"..interesting and very,.. time consuming? You are right...so right ..thanks. J