We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trips FROM Girona

Which Girona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cumbrian, UK
4 posts
Save Topic
Day Trips FROM Girona

Hello

I've taken advantage of a cheap flight and having visited Barcelona a number of times I have opted to stay for four nights in March in Girona.

I've not travelled alone before (and realise this isn't exactly going far afield!) but am looking to plan a few things while I'm there.

I'm interested in going to Figueres one day and wondered what the best method of getting there is by public transport.

Also, I'm looking for ideas of other places I could visit. I'm a photographer using public transport so would like to get a few different places to take some snaps. I like the look of Besalu, but would welcome other thoughts!

Thanks

Liverpool
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trips FROM Girona

I can tell you about getting to Figueres, it's very easy. The trains are comfortable and on time, we went in July and just bought tickets that morning (IIRC it may be a little cheaper after the rush hour but it is not expensive anyway). There are several trains going up the line towards France. The Dali museum is popular so queues can be long in peak season. You can get a bus from Figueres to the coastal town where Dali had a home,I'm not sure about the time table but it should be easy to find out once there.As a photographer you will love Girona and you should return in May, search Flickr for ''Girona Temps de Flor''

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trips FROM Girona

If this is not too late..... you can get a bus to Besalu from Girona (and Barcelona). Besalu is very photogenic as is the lake at Banyoles, 15 mins before Besalu coming from Girona. Take the bus beyond Besalu to Olot , then see if you can get a bus to Castelfollit which is a town perched on top of a volcano! Very interesting.

3. Re: Day Trips FROM Girona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 18:21