We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girona - Beach Holiday

UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Girona - Beach Holiday

Im thinking of flying to Girona and renting a car.

I have never been to Spain. I dont really want to travel any further than 45minutes in the car from the airport.

Im after a beach holiday, but would like a peacful holiday - so a little village on the coast would be nice. Big enough establishment for nights out in restaurants, bars etc... but not worried about clubbing etc...

I'd have a car, so would also be interested in days out for places to see.

If you have any ideas or hotel recommendations I'd be grateful. Also any websites for me to view?

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
448 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girona - Beach Holiday

Begur is the first name that comes to my mind. Tamariu, Llafranc and Calella de Palafrugell are also worth looking at. Search for these places in the forums here, there are loads of posts with plenty of advice from ex-pats.

All these places are around 45 min drive from Girona airport. I did not find it a problem to drive in Spain. However, if you arrive late, you may prefer to stay overnight near the airport and drive in the morning: local roads are narrow and bendy. I would not fancy driving them at night first time in the country. (We stayed in Novotel Girona, which is just five minutes from the airport by car). See

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g1080420-d25…

Two places are a must to see: Pals with wonderful old town and Salvador Dali's castle in Pubol.

Hope it helps

Bexhill-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
102 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girona - Beach Holiday

Hotel Cassamar Llafranc would probably suit you perfectly but all the other places igro01 mentioned are pretty good. We'll be there from next week and I can't wait, loads of information on this site if you care to do a bit of digging. Have a great time. Roger

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girona - Beach Holiday

I agree, Begur, Tamariu and Llafranc will all suit your needs, all have lovely beaches and good bars and restaurants. If you haven't yet found accommodation,have a look on www.holiday-rentals.co.uk. Good hotels in Begur are the Rosa and the Aguiaclara, both in the town, read reviews on this site.

4. Re: Girona - Beach Holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 03:17