We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best hotels in girona

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
best hotels in girona

please can anyone advice best hotel in best location, we want to be able to walk everywhere and we have a 6 year old child. Any good restaurants?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
172 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best hotels in girona

I would recommend the Cuitat which is recommendeded by Trpadvisors. It's in the best location. Ideally located close to the square where there are a number of restaurants. It's also close to shops. It's the best central hotel in Girona. It's on the side of the river which is flat. Other hotels are either out too far or are on the other side of the river which entails hill walks.

Girona - Costa Brava
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: best hotels in girona

Probably ciutat de Girona it`s on the best place of them all, but Hotel Carlemany is a good 4 stars not very far from the city center, just 5 minutes walking to the river and old part of the city.

switzerland
Level Contributor
128 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best hotels in girona

Mimolet restaurant on Pou Rodo is quite good.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best hotels in girona

"volta i volta" restaurant in Plaça Independencia is just OK, average Spanish food, but not pricey and if you reserve a table near the window you can enjoy fabulous views to the river/famous colored houses/old city while having lunch or dinner

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
4,274 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best hotels in girona

It depends how much you want to pay. Hotel Peninsular cannot be beaten for location. It is basic, but spotlessly clean with reasonably sized rooms and good bathrooms and breakfast. It is a stone's throw from the river and minutes from the old town.

hampshire
Level Contributor
574 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best hotels in girona

I would agree with the reccomendation for The Peninsular have stayed there several times and been very satisfied with it and it very central We were very disappointed with The Cuitat de Girona for a 4Star Hotel not to restock its buffet breakfast at 9am and to have no fruit and a selection of cereals which were cocopops and cocopops !!! and getting coffee took forever and was cold !! Rooms were very nice though !!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
172 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best hotels in girona

I would agree about the breakfast at the Cuitat but you can go for room only as we do and get breakfast elsewhere.

There are tea/coffee facilities in the room and there are also free drinks in the minibar, i.e. beer, water, minerals, which is restocked each day. If you prefer water instead of minerals, just ask the maid and she will supply you with your preference.

8. Re: best hotels in girona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 18:17