We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girona 19th-23rd November

Which Girona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, England
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Girona 19th-23rd November

Hi Everyone,

Myself and my girlfriend have just booked a short 4 night trip to Girona and we are hoping you could give us some advice on what to see and do while we are there. We are staying at Hotel Costabella. We are particularly looking to enjoy the local food so any suggestions of places to eat would be great. Also we would like to take a couple of day trips, so other than Barcelona what are the must see places? Are any of the coastal towns nice? We are not driving so we will be travelling by public transport. I am a keen photographer and I would particularly like to see the traditional more "real" areas, but we are open to any and all suggestions, so if anyone could offer any advice we would be very grateful.

Thanks

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girona 19th-23rd November

hi,

from girona with public transport it's easy to go until Banyoles (the greatest lake in catalonia, and a beaurtiful old town), Besalú (interesting church, nice town and a very beautiful bridge), Cadaques (on the coast, very beautiful also)...

you can find lots of information here:

http://en.costabrava.org/main/home.aspx

Liverpool
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girona 19th-23rd November

Hi,

have a look at the postings just below this tittled ''Girona 25th Oct'' on page two there is a good report.

Manchester, England
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Girona 19th-23rd November

Thanks for your help guys, that is really useful.

I think we will spend one day doing Banyoles, Besalu and Olot on the bus.

Another day we will probably go to Figueres on the train.

I was hoping to get out to the coast (Cadaques or Roses) at some point but it looks like that won't be easy by public transport.

Are there any coastal regions which are easier t get to by public transport?

Also, has anybody been to any of the villages that you go through on the train to get to Figueres? Would it be worth stopping at any of them for a look around?

Thanks Again

G

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
172 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girona 19th-23rd November

You can get a bus to Estartit which is on the coast from the bus station no problem. It is deserted at this time of the year.

UK
Level Contributor
952 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girona 19th-23rd November

Glazerout,

Ah - have you found the cheapo RyanAir flights as well ?

We're doing the same trip but the week before, 2 nights in Girona and 2 in Tossa de Mar.

I've found various bits and bobs by googling but this is a cracking little site with interesting snippets of the local history and culture etc, as well as possibly being a half decent restaurant.

casamarieta.com/Presentacion/historia.asp…

Cheers - Ole

6. Re: Girona 19th-23rd November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 19:18