We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

so i take Girona is not in Barcelona?

Which Girona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
467 posts
238 reviews
Save Topic
so i take Girona is not in Barcelona?

Im looking to book tickets on Ryan Air to Barcelona but the airport comes up as Girona Barcelona! Does this mean Ill be landing in Girona or Barcelona?? Help!

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
9,573 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: so i take Girona is not in Barcelona?

Hello Jenwee, Please get a map of Spain and you will see the diference right away. Ryan Air does offer bus transportation into BCN. Otherwise, in the airport you can buy a ticket. Ride is about one hour. From the stop in BCN, you must continue the rest of your journey by metro to get to center. ENJOY!

P.S. These airl��ine ticket are very cheap. Now you know the reason.

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
9,573 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: so i take Girona is not in Barcelona?

Hello Jenwee,

Please use the www.viamichelin.com site to get a map of Spain.

viamichelin.com/viamichelin/…Maps

In the small area marked region, type in CATALUNYA.

Zoom in on Barcelona and you will see Girona to the north.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: so i take Girona is not in Barcelona?

So would be better off paying the extra 120 euro and fly with Aer Lingus to BCN or is it worth saving the money and taking the transport option from GRO to Barcelona centre (or am I correct in reading I have to go to the centre via BCN)?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,065 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: so i take Girona is not in Barcelona?

The coach from Gerona airport to Estacio del Nord in Barcelona (slightly out of the centre but ear Arc de Triomf metro station) takes just over an hour and costs 19€ return. Bus from BCN airport to centre will cost 7.20 return and it takes about 20 minutes to centre.

If the timing of the ryanair flight suits you I'd say go for that and save your money! (Ryanair's timings are often very early or very late though so less convenient).

We flew ryanair first time this summer and coach service is excellent. Departures are timed to fit in with ryanair flights (timetable links departures to specific flights, leaving Barcelona approx. 3 hrs before flight takes off)

On arrival in Gerona buy ticket while waitng for luggage. Coaches are just outside terminal.