We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for day trip from Girona

Level Contributor
82 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Advice for day trip from Girona

I'll be renting a car in Girona for a day. I was planning to do some inland towns, such as Besalu, but would also like to visit a coastal town or two as well (Tossa?). We are mainly interested in history, culture and scenery (i.e., not sitting on the beach or drinking). Any suggested itineraries for the day? Thanks.

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for day trip from Girona

Hi,

if you would visit Besalú, I suggested add in the "list" also Castellfollit and Santa Pau. There are also some vulcanos (sleepy) easy to visit: Croscat (is the easier and interesting) and also Santa MArgarida.

Riudaura and el Mallol and La Pinya, Hostalets (at the other side of Olot) could be interested also. Theya a re very tiny villages but lovely! and not very far from each other. Anc if you like scenarys this part of the Garrotxa are really nice.

Near of Castellfollit there are a villages named Oix and a bridge: Sadernes, very nice. The landscape is very different to the rest of the comarca (problem: the road has many curves)

If you have a car, I suggested visit Port de la Selva, Cap de Creus and Cadaques area. Really nice!(in Port de la Selva you can visit the monastery of Sant Pere de Rodes) in the top of a hill.

There a re others villages as : Setcases, Camprodon , Ripoll, Banyoles..interesting if you have a car (public transport is not easy); but sometimes the roads have many curves again....

but I suggested if you have only a day choose one option : or sea or inside...I think is not possible to see all without lot of stress!!

Edited: 07 May 2011, 14:49
2. Re: Advice for day trip from Girona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2012, 21:17