We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A non-touristy restaurant for Lunch

Which Girona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
WI
Level Contributor
400 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
A non-touristy restaurant for Lunch

Hi,

I've been reviewing the restaurant recommendations and it seems that the only restaurants I am drawn to are open only for dinner or not open on Monday.

I would really appreciate some help finding a restaurant that's not geared towards tourists, has options other than pork, and is about 10-15 euros for lunch. I'm not sure where I'll be around "lunch time", but here is my general itinerary:

1-Onyar houses

2-Jewish quarter

3-Bonastruc

4-Catedral

5-Sant Geliu

6-Arab baths

7-Sant Pere Galligants

8-Walls of Girona

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

ALY

WI
Level Contributor
400 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A non-touristy restaurant for Lunch

Anyone?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

ALY.

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A non-touristy restaurant for Lunch

I have had lunch here a couple of times and its food is really good and service very nice. Not know if it´s in your price-range. Have a look at the web-site

casamarieta.com/Presentacion/historia.asp…

It´s located in Plaça Independencia, a short walk from the river

WI
Level Contributor
400 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A non-touristy restaurant for Lunch

Thanks Joseantonio! It's really helpful.

Have you tried Suca-mulla restaurant (tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187499-d1…)? How far of a walk is it?

The pictures of the food look good and the prices seem good too.

Thanks again,

ALY

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A non-touristy restaurant for Lunch

No I do not have eaten there. I have had a look at google maps and it says 3.2 kms. from the Cathedral, that´s about 10-15 minutes, or you can take a taxi, it should not be expensive for that distance.

Jose

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A non-touristy restaurant for Lunch

Sorry, I meant 30-40 minutes on foot. That´s 10 minutes was meant by car

WI
Level Contributor
400 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A non-touristy restaurant for Lunch

Thanks Joseantonio. It looks like the restaurant is a little out of the way.

It also looks like there are a lot of restaurants in the "center" of town, where most of my itinerary items are.

Can you recommend other restaurants, other than CasaMarieta? I just like to have options to choose from.

Thanks,

ALY

Roses, Spain
Level Contributor
403 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A non-touristy restaurant for Lunch

I agree with JoseAntonio´s recommendation of Casa Marieta. Always good food. There are several other restaurants in Placa Independencia. It is a big square about a block in diameter and all four streets on the edge have restaurants facing the square, usually with a choice of indoor or outdoor seating. Often the menu is posted outside the establishment so you can walk around the block and have an idea of all your choices. There is an interesting place on one of the corners with tapas .....sorry I cannot remember the name but you can´t miss it.

8. Re: A non-touristy restaurant for Lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 03:16